Formal Botanical train garden layout

Debora59

I wanted something formal with the train being a nice surprise. I bought at least 2 of every plant so that each end mirrors the other end perfectly. And so now Finally after months of preparation. moving a shed, taking down a pool and deck,  building the frame,  hauling soil, choosing trees plants and shrubs all are in the ground! [ we brought on sod as well to cover the bare spaces. Need a bit more soil then mulch and the lighted houses can be brought in too.

• Like 1

From the album:

Formal botanical Train garden with 1:24 scale houses

· 29 images
  • 29 images
  • 0 comments
  • 63 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

1 hour ago, Debsrand56 said:

This is just going to be spectacular.  (I assume it was an above-ground pool?)

Yes it was. it was enclosed with wood fencing and we had built a deck around it so you never had to step on the ground getting in and out

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Keifer said:

Ambitious project.  Exciting to see.  Do you live in a warmer climate, will this ever see snow? 

No we live in the Midwest and we get snow. but one of the G scale trains has a snow plow to clear the tracks!

• Like 2

OH DEBORA59....SO HAPPY you put your wonderfully beautiful garden project here for all to see!!!  WELL DONE!!!  I love it.

• Like 1