IMG-9202.jpg

Elsbeth

Waterslide decal plates - decals on plain white porcelain plates.

• Like 4

From the album:

Odds and Ends

· 38 images
  • 38 images
  • 0 comments
  • 41 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with Apple iPhone X
  • Focal Length 4 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/15
  • f Aperture f/1.8
  • ISO Speed 80

Recommended Comments

5 hours ago, blueirishmoon said:

LOVE the lemons! Where'd you find the supplies? More info, please!

Got the inkjet waterslide decal paper on Amazon (it is usually $20 or less for 20 sheets). I always get the white paper instead of clear because the ink shows up better. Then I get relatively cheap plates on ebay - you have to find a seller and plate you like (usually from china or thailand) and you can buy 20 porcelain plates for $5-$7 or so with free shipping. I like the feel of real porcelain/ceramic, so I get that sort of plate - but you could use just about any smooth sealed material of plate. Then I collect plate images online, size them on the computer to match my plates and print out the decals according to the directions. It takes a bit of practice and not all my plate pattern choices look good on the actual plate, but plenty work out fine. Then I do a coating of gloss sealer and they are done. I love decals!

• Like 2
11 hours ago, NellBell said:

I love these. Do you buy the decals and plates ? 

I bought decal paper, printed out some selected plate images I resized to the right size. The plates were from ebay - they are ceramic and have a nice feel. Decals go right onto smooth sealed surfaces just fine. Then I seal them with gloss. I'm installing a plate shelf in my Pierce kitchen now so I can display a lot of plates!

Finding plate images online is a lot of fun too - fun to make mini replicas of old china patterns!