SmallRug.jpg

Debsrand56

Finished smaller rug for Sagamore Hill Library.

• Like 5

From the album:

Half Scale Sagamore Hill Library

· 58 images
  • 58 images
  • 0 comments
  • 108 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Beautiful work.  I just order some kits from Janet Granger.  It will be my first attempt at doing needlepoint in this scale. I may ask you for some advice once the kits come in since you do such nice work.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

Beautiful work.  I just order some kits from Janet Granger.  It will be my first attempt at doing needlepoint in this scale. I may ask you for some advice once the kits come in since you do such nice work.

This is actually tent stitch worked in 1 strand of DMC floss on 38-count Evenweave (although it's really not so even), but the principles are the same.  In fact, it was one of Janet Granger's books that gave me the courage to make my own patterns.

4 hours ago, Samusa said:

Beautiful Deborah:clap:

1 hour ago, Dalesq said:

I’m always impressed by these needlework...and in half scale at that!

Thank you!

You and Brae inspired me.  I went out and got a little beginner cross stitch kit to try.  Beautiful rug. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Keifer said:

I went out and got a little beginner cross stitch kit to try.

Yay!   Hope you enjoy it!  I find it very zen.  Plus, it's great to be able to take something mini with me to work on when I travel.

You stitched that? Deep curtsy to you. I needlepointed two bargello seat cushions without a pattern when I was 17. Let's just say that was an unspecified number of years ago. Just two simple seat cushions did me in. That was the last time I needlepointed. I still have those chairs, come to think of it. I'll post a pic if I ever come across them again. They'll give you a good laugh!

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Kells said:

I needlepointed two bargello seat cushions without a pattern when I was 17

Without a pattern?  That was brave!  :)   I made the pattern for this, but I still had a pattern.  I've been doing cross-stitch (although this is actually continental tent stitch) for over 30 years,so I've had a bit of practice.  I guarantee you I wasn't as good on my first try! :bigwink: