Test Fitting the Led's

WBrownIV

Here are the Led's temporarily installed in the housings. I wanted a chrome bezel to surround the light. I ended up using chrome jump rings from the jewelry making department of my local hobby store. I really like how they look!

Using red "top hat" style Led's I soldered on some leads. These Led's operate at 2.1 volts DC. Since I have other lights in this build running on 3 volts DC I sized up a resister and installed that within the leads. This way I won't have to worry about burning them out!

• Like 6

From the album:

Greenleaf Travel Trailer

· 67 images
  • 67 images
  • 0 comments
  • 77 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Those are fantastic, very oem looking!   Glad you found a way to do the bezel, wouldn’t be the same without it.  Nice execution. 

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

I'm in awe of the fantastic detail you are putting into this build. Loving your ingenuity. 

Thank you Kathie! 

48 minutes ago, Keifer said:

Those are fantastic, very oem looking!   Glad you found a way to do the bezel, wouldn’t be the same without it.  Nice execution. 

Thank you Keith! 

I was really wanting to simulate a bezel but was at a loss on how to do it. Lately I've adopted a new plan I use when I'm stuck on how to do something. I head over to Hobby Lobby and literally walk each isle in the store. I've learned there are far more sub groups in the hobby world than I was ever aware of. I have also found what needed in sections I would never have looked at previously. This is how I found the jump rings in the jewelry making section. 

It just goes to show that whatever hobby you pursue, you just may find the answers in the next isle! :)

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, WBrownIV said:

I've learned there are far more sub groups in the hobby world than I was ever aware of.

So true! We tend to develop "miniature eyes" that see mini possibilities in unlikely places.