© brae oktober

Screen Test

otterine

I tried more tests on the micro mesh to see if I could tone down the sheen. Top to bottom:

Rust-Oleum Self-Etching Primer
    Rust-Oleum Aluminum Primer
    Model Master Metalizer Lacquer in Gunmetal
    Krylon Paint / Primer in flat black

All very nice colors and no more sheen. Apparently, I was the problem when I tried painting this mesh before. haaaaaaaa. The paint adhered just fine without clogging the holes.

I think the clear choices for color are the Rust-Oleum Self-Etching Primer and Model Master Metalizer Lacquer in Gunmetal. Both remove the sheen and the results are not too light or too dark.  I think I will go with the Rust-Oleum Self-Etching Primer for the simple fact that it is made to bond to metal. The Model Master Metalizer Lacquer did rub off easily when I ran a paper towel across it, while the Rust-Oleum Self-Etching Primer stayed put.

Full post here.

Copyright

© brae oktober
  • Like 2

From the album:

Ivy Hollow - Rural Free Delivery Post Office

· 130 images
  • 130 images
  • 0 comments
  • 266 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

I like the top one. It's subtle and not so dark that it distracts one's attention away from that pretty green door.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, NellBell said:

I'm with Kells then I read the rest of your post and released that is the one your going with . Perfect

I didn't even see that, lol. Read first, Kells, read!

• Like 1