Shutters Closed

Kells

Two more finishing coats of paint (THREE TOTAL, UGH!) and I closed the shutters to see the green surrounded by the parchment. One side of the house will have all the shutters closed because I'm closing up those windows to get the interior wall space.

I like it a lot! I am so glad I asked about this. No other color but gray was even on my radar. I would never have thought to do this on my own. Thank you!

• Like 3

From the album:

French Quarter

· 6 images
  • 6 images
  • 0 comments
  • 21 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with samsung SAMSUNG-SM-J320AZ
  • Focal Length 3.3 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/244
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 50

Recommended Comments

Way back in the day I had an art professor who insisted on at least 100 thumbnail sketches precede every project assignment. He drilled into us that they were  necessary in order to get all of the not-optimal designs out of the way to open up our thinking and make room for the really good ideas to pour forth. There may not have been thumbnail sketches in your journey with the windows, but auditioning various colors accomplished the same thing: the best color was revealed. :):clap:  

• Like 2

That is a perfect description Kathie! Who knew painting dollhouse components would be such a journey??

Want to hear something funny? Look at my Photoshop mock-up. I pointed out that the french door on the second floor would of course be painted to match the windows. It never occurred to me to paint the windows to match the door, which is happening now, even though it was right in front of my face!! :doh:

As for execution, I hit upon an improvement today. That parchment paint has terrible coverage. The window in this photo has three coats of paint. Maybe it doesn't show in the picture, but up close and in person it appears a bit "globby" to me. I painted another with a white paint that I know covers well; a good base coat. The parchment color worked sooooo much better over that than it did over bare wood! The rest will show a vast improvement, IMO.

• Like 1