© Emily Morganti 2019

William Morris style rug (half scale)

fov

This is a William Morris style design from Janet Granger’s book Miniature Needlepoint Carpets. The pattern is for wool and I converted it to DMC. Janet also sells this design as a kit and a chart on her website, and the chart comes with DMC conversions.

I stitched this over one on either 40 or 36 count evenweave (can’t remember). The finished size is about 4″ square.

Copyright

© Emily Morganti 2019
  • Like 3

From the album:

Mini Needlework

· 74 images
  • 74 images
  • 0 comments
  • 162 image comments

Photo Information

• Focal Length 5 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/60
  • f Aperture f/3.2
  • ISO Speed 400

Recommended Comments

Absolutely beautiful.  I ordered a couple of her kits, but haven't started them yet as I have no idea what I am doing.  You, on the other hand, do gorgeous work.

Thanks! I love her designs but I don't like working with wool so I haven't bought any of her kits (except for a simple pillow that I stitched many years ago). I'd love to see how yours turn out when you get to them.

I'm with you about the wool! I'm terribly allergic and break out in hives if I even touch it. And if I smell it, my nose plugs up and my eyes start to stream! Great job on the carpet. I have that book and several of her pattern packs waiting in the queue. She really has a nice variety of designs. I use my handy DMC color sample card which has all but the newest colors on it to do my conversions. I even took little snippets of every color, which took a while, and taped them next to the samples. Now it's super accurate!

• Like 1

I understand why you added the snippets! I have an older DMC sample card (it's ~15 years old) that includes actual swatches of floss. I don't see how you could actually match the colors with that printed version, it's just not the same. The downside is that mine doesn't have some of the newer colors.