The Courtyard.jpeg

18 images in Mini Paintings

The Courtyard.jpeg

I’ve been painting again :) a new subject matter for me.. buildings.. my perspective is a bit off but the greenery helps to distract the eye from it :D 


7 people like this
From the album

Mini Paintings

  • 18 images
  • 143 comments

Photo Information


User Feedback

9 Comments

Beautiful.  You definitely have a talent when it comes to painting miniatures.  Have you ever thought about selling them?

1 person likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

See now I was going to comment about how great your perspective looks and how difficult it is to do at this scale.  This one is my favorite, I think because it has buildings.  

1 person likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exquisite! I wish the like button would let me hit it more than once! I would give it a gazillion likes!

1 person likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, shannonc60 said:

Well done, Sam, it looks great to me!

Thanks Shannon :D 

11 hours ago, 1martinimomma said:

Beautiful.  You definitely have a talent when it comes to painting miniatures.  Have you ever thought about selling them?

Thanks Colleen, I’ve thought about it.. but depending on the subject they are kind of labour intensive, so I doubt they would sell for anything close to an hourly rate for the work entailed.(not that that really matters because I paint them for enjoyment not money, but I just wouldn’t know how to price them).. and, let’s face it, most people can just print out a picture from the internet, Modge Podge it and frame it and they’d get the same or better effect for next to zero dollars. I feel like it would only be serious collectors that would want a “real” artwork as opposed to a printed one. There are so many harder things to make to spend your mini money on... art probably isn’t high on the list for most. I have been doing swaps though, which has been fun.. This painting in fact has gone to its new home as part of a swap with Kristina Golightly of Golightly Miniatures. :D 

10 hours ago, Keifer said:

See now I was going to comment about how great your perspective looks and how difficult it is to do at this scale.  This one is my favorite, I think because it has buildings.  

Haha... I should have kept my mouth shut. Nothing to see here.. :D and yes perspective can be really difficult at this scale.. one wrong dot of paint and it’s completely off :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, FurMama said:

Exquisite! I wish the like button would let me hit it more than once! I would give it a gazillion likes!

Thanks so much :D 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

There is noting "off" about this or any other of your paintings, Sam! Each time I see a new landscape or subject, I am delighted at your eye and talent! Amazing stuff inside you!

1 person likes this

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
On 17/09/2019, 11:44:57, My Miniature Madness said:

There is noting "off" about this or any other of your paintings, Sam! Each time I see a new landscape or subject, I am delighted at your eye and talent! Amazing stuff inside you!

Thank you dear Jodi :D I can always rely on you as a great cheerleader :cheer:

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now