Wooden sculpture

Keifer

Got in the mood to make a little wooden sculpture, not my design but I did need to tweak it a bit to shrink it down. Still have some final sanding to do and I want to stain it.  Light or dark stain....thoughts?

• Like 4

From the album:

Other hobbies

· 4 images
  • 4 images
  • 0 comments
  • 16 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Thank you everyone!   Well looks like the consensus is to leave it as is.  I think I’ll put some oil on it to bring out the details and protect it.  

I always remember to take progress pics after the fact :doh:  I started with the piece of wood you see, its about an inch and a quarter wide and 1/4 in. thick. (Actually from an old kitchen chair, I like to repurpose).  I drew the design right on the wood in pencil, took quite a bit of erasing and redrawing to get it right.  I figured in a design this small, proportion is key.  
   Once I was happy with the image I cut away the excess wood on my scroll saw.  From there it was just a lot of filing and sanding, I find both to be calming and therapeutic.  To get the inside spaces I drilled holes and filed away.  I have a 6pc set of small files I got from HD.  I did use my Dremel for some of it but I found I made more mistakes with it as I’m not real good at controlling it.  

• Like 2

Such a perfect little sculpture.  1/6 would be awesome.  wish I could do something like this.  I can look at YOURS and look in absolute wonder