Brickwork FINALLY DONE! Trim starting to sharpen everything up.

Medieval
  • Like 3

From the album:

Pierce Re-Build

· 115 images
  • 115 images
  • 0 comments
  • 275 image comments

Photo Information

• Taken with samsung SM-T560NU
  • Focal Length 3.3 mm
  • Exposure Time 1/8
  • f Aperture f/2.2
  • ISO Speed 200

Recommended Comments

I'm open to opinions because I have a hard time visualizing.  I'm thinking of making the keystones on top of the oval windows cement grey (same color as most of in brick work, and most likely a major color in foundation stonework). But I'm tempted to leave keystones white because of the busyness of the brickwork. I'm just not sure. I've studied other Pierces in this forum. Contrasting keystones  and caps looked great but house was a solid color. I look forward to all opinions!

1 hour ago, Mid-life madness said:

Your bricks look great. That was a very ambitious task. Congratulations.

Thank you mid life madness!

23 hours ago, Medieval said:

I've studied other Pierces in this forum. Contrasting keystones  and caps looked great but house was a solid color

Maybe do a paper mock up to see which color or colors appeal to you.

On 2/19/2020, 11:49:34, Medieval said:

I'm open to opinions because I have a hard time visualizing.  I'm thinking of making the keystones on top of the oval windows cement grey (same color as most of in brick work, and most likely a major color in foundation stonework). But I'm tempted to leave keystones white because of the busyness of the brickwork. I'm just not sure. I've studied other Pierces in this forum. Contrasting keystones  and caps looked great but house was a solid color. I look forward to all opinions!

Just curious, did you try some tests to see what you like? What color is the roof going to be? If there's any gray up there (shingles/slate, chimney caps, trim, etc.) then grey keystones would tie in with that and the foundation (the rule of three is a truism). If no other grey besides the foundation, I would personally leave the keystones the same color as the window casings. I think that tiny touch of grey would be a visual distraction that would draw one's eye away from all your awesome detailed work. Just my two cents.

Your two cents jive with my mom's two cents. Lol. When I do another dry fit I'm gonna tape a grey paint chip to keystones. But listening to you and mom I think I'll end up leaving it white. But you gave me a really good idea for roof. I wanted a slate roof. I never thought about color. I think I'll use the cement color I'm using as mortar and on foundation for the roof color. Thanks for idea! I like rule of three concept.