Out back 66.JPG

KathieB

The cottage has two rooms, a parlor and a bedroom. Since there was no electricity at this time, I installed some spot lights behind a board to highlight areas of the rooms.

The cottage is raised on brick piers, a necessity in a city that is prone to flooding. The ground is covered with oyster shells in an effort to control the mud. Oyster shells were a cheap fill material. Note the moss on the slate roof. (Thank you, Tracy. :) )

More details can be found in my blog at Adams: an 1860s Creole Cottage

• Like 1

From the album:

Adams: Creole Cottage

· 10 images
  • 10 images
  • 0 comments
  • 21 image comments

Recommended Comments

When I was researching Creole cottages to do one of mine that way, I saw this on Miniatures.com. Or some site that wasn't this one. I saved this, blew it up, examined every detail. I didn't know then that it was you and you were on this forum. How funny is that? This is beautiful. I love everything about it and everything in it.

Thank you, Kells. It is one of my favorite builds. You probably saw it on miniatures.com. It was a winner in the Creatin' Contest that year.