braided rug

lmgervais

Here is my first attempt at a braided rug. It will be used in the kitchen of the "Grandma's House" dh, which is not yet built, so I don't know if this size will be big enough or not.

From the album:

my minis

· 10 images
  • 10 images
  • 0 comments
  • 14 image comments

Recommended Comments

Your rug looks nice. The braiding takes forever doesn't it? I like the idea of toothpicks for the knitting. I wonder if you rubbed wax on the picks and worked it into the wood if it would make them smoother. I don't know if I could knit that tiny but would like to try. :)

Your rug looks nice. The braiding takes forever doesn't it? I like the idea of toothpicks for the knitting. I wonder if you rubbed wax on the picks and worked it into the wood if it would make them smoother. I don't know if I could knit that tiny but would like to try. :)

I know that the braiding takes a while, but I don't mind doing it, so it doesn't seem as if it took so long. As for the toothpicks, I should have sanded them, but havanaholly was right when she said they are too short to get even tension, so I ordered some tiny needles from England yesterday (down to American size 000000 or smaller) from a website someone gave me in my post.

I love this rug, I have wanted to make one for such a long time. Did you use Embordery floss for this project?

I want to make a big round one for the kitchen. Did you sew it with thread to put it together. Thank you for any all imformation so I can tackel this long awaited project!