Victorian Cape May interior

genieDOLL

I've kept the colors my mother installed, which should be darker and more vibrant for a Cape May 1880 Victorian, but this is somewhat of a family heirloom (to come) so I wanted to keep much of it as my mother made it. This was her 1 and only creative venture; and a huge exercise in frustration as I recall!

It sits on my enclosed Victorian porch, and though I am fascinated with it, I can't seem to get anyone else equally enthused when I show it off.

• Like 3

From the album:

Tennyson by Artply THE MERMAID HOUSE

· 15 images
  • 15 images
  • 2 comments
  • 27 image comments

Recommended Comments

Well, you won't have that problem here! This house is gorgeous, and I love that you are keeping the work your mother did on it. I have always loved the aspect of keeping a family dollhouse as an heirloom! It truly is lovely! Thanks for sharing!

I agree with Rhonda! Your house is Gorgeous!! I am so happy that you shared your family memories with us by sharing this wonderful house with all of us!! :wub: This is just so sweet!!

I'm with Rhonda and Tracy! It's such a lovely house, and it's decorated beautifully.

And what a wonderful spot to show it off. Victorian porches are so romantic.

Ha! I'm with all of the above...you have a gorgeous house and have decorated it with

such grand style. Phooey on those who can't see a treasure staring them in the face. :p

This is Awesome! I enjoyed studying all the details in each room. Obviously people who aren't enthused with you house have NO taste (sniff)! Lol.