Puzzle house (half scale) - porch

fov

I upgraded the windows and door and added Houseworks siding. Paint is Belgian Waffle from Glidden, with Sandy Feet for the trim. (I love those names!)

From the album:

Michael's Puzzle House

· 48 images
  • 48 images
  • 0 comments
  • 59 image comments

Recommended Comments

This is looking really good. I wish we had a Michael's I'd love one of these little houses.

It funny you know but before I bought my first doll house I had to have the biggest I could find. Now that I have a bit more experience under my belt the smaller houses are looking so much more attractive because you can try out lots of different techniques fairly quickly. With my Garfield, if I wanted to create stones out of paper clay I'd still be doing it this time next year but with a small house or cabin it would be manageable.

will be watching your progress

Jo

I know what you mean. For me I think there's also a psychological hurdle now, with the bigger houses. I started gluing the roof on my Westville right before I moved... that was almost a year ago! And I never went back to it, even though it's *so* close to being done. It just seems like so much more work. Where with this little house, everything is so small and easy to put together.

I think when the puzzle house is finished, the Westville's going to get some long overdue attention... but based on how long it took to shingle the puzzle house, I'll probably be shingling the Westville for months!