The finished conservatory

debra

The Stone conservatory is about 12 inches long by 10 inches high by 8 inches wide. So making it a nice size in real life. I made the ends and sides out of paper clay over mdf board with some foam glued on to make it a bit thicker, carving out the paper clay to get a stone look. The floor is made from cast plaster of paris stones I make in mold that I have already prepared. These I painted with acrylic paints. The inside woodwork is all craft wood painted with acrylic paint in the colour of burnt umber.

I have glued the wood strips onto some acetate card then cut to size, and glued in. I have actually left the top two panels not glued in, so I can lift them up for easy acces to the inside. they just seem to sit there ok for me.

Along the top you will see some wires with beads on them, this is some just welding wire I pinched out of the shed off the boys lol, and slipped some brass look beads onto them.

Inside I have made all the plants out of polymer clay or mulberry paper, with the exception of a couple of bought ones. I made the hanging baskets from clay as well and jewellery findings. The front and back doors, (Back arn't on yet) were made from craft wood acetate and jewellery findings as well. All in all I am so pleased with how it turned out. It looks amazing at night with lights on it, I still have to hook up my lights that I did run wires through for, but another day lol. I hope you enjoy looking at my stone conservatory, as much as I enjoyed making it. Cheers Debra.

From the album:

The Stone Conservatory

· 19 images
  • 19 images
  • 0 comments
  • 8 image comments

Recommended Comments