eyelee Picture 1

Mini Man

This is my Artist's Boathouse. This is a fantasy dream house where the artist lives on a beautiful lake and rows wherever she needs to get to. Of course she has a dock so friends can stop by. She has created a kitchen table and has plenty of treats on hand. She spends her time in the studio creating masterpieces. A whimsical bedroom is the top room. A rooftop garden lookout is reached by a trap door in the ceiling. Most of the house is covered in Paperclay and then using clay tools, I created stone, brick and designs. I also used flexible stamps to acheive the tile effects in the kitchen and veranda and the wall patterns in the studio and bedroom. Then everything was handpainted. The water was created by painting on a surface of paperclay covered styrofoam and then pouring and spreading self- leveling gel medium. Most pieces in the house I either built, painted, and/or altered to ensure they fit in with the color scheme and overall feel of the house. This was a great challenge!

P.S. Please see more pictures in my gallery! They'll be up soon!

Thank You!

Eily S

eyelee

From the category:

2010 Spring Fling Contest

· 133 images
  • 133 images
  • 232 image comments

Recommended Comments

The many but delicate colors of your house make me think it's made of marzipan ... it's just a delicious confection.