Rutherford-Dollhouse---2nd.jpg

tuffy

Finally!!! I found the dollhouse I had when I was little. I am now the proud owner of two Rutherford Dollhouses by Artply.

From the album:

My Dollhouses

· 4 images
  • 4 images
  • 0 comments
  • 13 image comments

Recommended Comments

I've wanted to build the Rutherford ever since I saw Jeffries. I don't know what it is, but it kooks so appealing every time I see one. I see them occasionally on ebay. I'll just have to get one somehow.

I had this dollhouse when I was little. My favorite uncle use to work a place called Hechingers. It was the original Lowe's and Home Depot for where I use to live. Hechingers was selling these dollhouses. My uncle gave me the store model for Christmas. It was love at first site. I use to play with that dollhouse all the time. My mom bought me a few things for it (a bed and two old victorian style chairs). The rest of the "furniture" I made out of legos and used some stuff from my Barbie collection.

When my folks retired and decided to move back to PA, I decided I was "too old" to keep "playing" with a doll house, so I broke it apart and threw it out. Boy, was that a stupid mistake. I've regreted it ever since. I had no idea who made the dollhouse or what was the name of it. It wasn't until I joined this forum that I found out what the name was of the dollhouse I had.

Jeffery - it wasn't until I came across yours and Cuppa-tea's pictures of the Rutherford that I found out what mine was. I was so ecstatic. And there started my quest to find a Rutherford Dollhouse!!!

I am so happy that you found the house you loved as a child. What a great feeling it must be.

Good things do happen! :yes:

welcome to the rutherford owners club! lol not too many of us on here. its kind of a rare one.

Hi Rutherford owner! I just discovered that the dollhouse I'm about to refurbish is a Rutherford. It's missing some parts and I'm looking for ideas. I would love to see pictures of what others have done. Pictures anyone? Thanks, Nonnie

Hi Rutherford owner! I just discovered that the dollhouse I'm about to refurbish is a Rutherford. It's missing some parts and I'm looking for ideas. I would love to see pictures of what others have done. Pictures anyone? Thanks, Nonnie

Cuppa-Tea

DHGranny

Jeffrey - Rutherford Ad

Brezavaqt

These are just a few. You can do a search of the forum. There are plenty more!! Enjoy your search! :)