New purchase 1

Debora59

My husband pointed this out on Ebay today, Its 5.5 hours away in St Paul MN. I pick it up tomorrow! I am a little amped!

From the album:

Direction I am headed in

· 240 images
  • 240 images
  • 0 comments
  • 598 image comments

Recommended Comments

The description I copied:

This 9 foot long x 3.5 foot tall by 2 foot wide structure has been a wall hanging for me for many years. I back lit the structure as it hung on a wall. Little features inside (occasional miniatures) would cast distorted shadows on the velum windows and created a unique and dramatic decorative piece. I originally bought this at an antique store in Minneapolis years ago. It had been started to be rehabbed by someone one prior to me but I left it the way it was for a distressed effect. From the back, the structure is completely open/dollhouse style with six large rooms, a chapel and a ballroom. There is no staircase, however. It was believed that this had been built by someone as a home project and they had their own ideas about what to do. There are no decorations inside, all the walls are flat and grey. It rests on a built in base that is about 3-4 inches high. There are repairs necessary if one is looking for this to be perfect. Some of the trim along the top is long gone. It had been stripped of paint and what you see is what I got. Other than the oddities mentioned, this is still a handsome and eccentric and wonderful item in my opinion.

From the front and measuring at the middle (front door) the height is 41" The front door opening is 10" x 5.5". The larger windows are approx. 8" x 5" sometimes a tad smaller. The cathedral windows are 18" x 10".