Hole in the roof

otterine

I used Greenleaf speed shingles on the portico roof, this time in full scale. They are easily cut with scissors and bend with a bit of coaxing. I opted for Quick Grip glue since it worked so well on the half scale speed shingles on the gables. Around the hole, I shredded the edges with scissors and then broke excess pieces off with my fingers. I glued a few loose pieces around the bottom of the hole. That must have been a rather large tree branch! :o

• Like 3

From the album:

The Haunted Heritage

· 854 images
  • 854 images
  • 0 comments
  • 2,838 image comments

Recommended Comments

That looks great. When I was modeling trains in HO scale (1/87), I modeled an abandoned building with a partially burned-out roof. I achieved that with a lighter wand and a spray bottle of water. It turned out very realistic looking. I was smart enough to perform this stunt outside and didn't burn my own house down.

I don't know how I missed this pic, seeing as how I'm constantly on your blog and going over every single mini detail!!! This is fantastic!! Such great detail. I love it!