dining floor

WyckedWood

painted floor, this was much brighter and covered the whole floor, but I decided to back it off a little and sanded much of it away, looks nice and time worn now

From the album:

WyckedWood Beacon Hill~The Sea Hag~

· 488 images
  • 488 images
  • 0 comments
  • 1,569 image comments

Recommended Comments

Thank you, Im just learning the technique of painting roses, I love it though and have to resist covering everything in them lol, I need to practice but I really enjoy it and love the look. The floor is sanded and glazed with a white wash after the flowers are painted.

Teach me Karin, I'd love to be able to paint realistic roses. This floor is beautiful and yes, the sanding has made it so much better than a bright newly painted look.

Thanks everyone, Jo I picked up a book by Donna Dewberry called one stroke painting, she describes how to do the roses with a double or triple loaded brush, you tube also has many tutorials on one stroke roses,even some of Donnas how to videos. I dont feel very confident about it yet but I love the technique, super easy.