Beacon Hill(Stone House) 001

madhatter

I love the look of the Beacon Hill and when I first got the kit I had no idea in my head to bash it this much. To take most if not all of the victorian charm out of it... But after watching Sence and Sensibility too many times, I decided to make a stone facad.

I want to combine all my love in to this house, let hope it turns out.

I have the brombly stone finish on the outside and I might grout it and (mossy it up a bit) to look like its been there forever.

I also have frech doors in all the window openings, Im still not sure If i like the way it looks right now, but when I get the Iron railings in, etc and more molding and shutters around them.. They will look much better and not so small.

I think my roof might be copper or slate, have not decided yet....

I also have to figure if im going to do corner blocks....

I have had the front door for a few years and think it looks ok, but again its not set in stone yet.... no pun intended. lol

• Like 2

From the album:

Stone House (Beacon Hill Bash)

· 12 images
  • 12 images
  • 0 comments
  • 25 image comments

Recommended Comments

I think it's a nice fresh approach to the house. Not all those old victorian homes were decorated like wedding cakes. A lot of them have since lost most of their trim. Your house will have it's own original character.

Thanks so much for you nice comment, I love the english country side and want it to resemble that and a walk through paris... maybe i can have both.lol

Jenn

but again its not set in stone yet....

too funny

I am also curious on how you did your stonework. It looks great and I like the moss idea.

I like it! That stonework looks great.. the house now looks like a renovated 21st century victorian townhouse with lots of light inside through the new windows..

maybe i should do my beacon hill like that as well.......