Baking in mini - my maiden voyage

otterine

I used to make clay foods when I was young for my childhood dollhouse, but that was limited to mostly hamburgers and hot dogs. :D Since rediscovering minis as an adult, I've seen so many talented food artisans online and at the mini shows.

I recently discovered that you can use paper punches for polymer clay. All these cookies are made from Fimo sahara clay brushed with chalk pastels to give them some golden color.

I made Translucent Liquid Sculpey based icing by mixing clay with the Translucent Liquid Sculpey as well as mixing oil paint with the Translucent Liquid Sculpey. The oil paint was certainly easier to mix and work with, so I will pick up a starter set of colors next time I head to the store.

I left some of the leaves bare for baking and used three shades of fine glitter to make sugar cookies. The frosted Christmas trees have added micro beads in gold and silver.

I spent all day on these lovelies and certainly had fun, but after all that work...there aren't any cookies I can actually eat!!!! :ohmy:

• Like 5

From the album:

Misc minis

· 409 images
  • 409 images
  • 0 comments
  • 1,187 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

You will have to multitask next time and make RL cookies with your mini cookies. Oh yeah...and then invite us over...lol.