Thornhill # 2

ilovecats

Pictures of the Thornhill that I purchased last night. It's in good shape, just needs a little sprucing up on the outside and the interior is a clean slate for wiring and decorating. It's primed on the inside, so maybe a little vacuuming out and it will be all set.

The exterior will be stripped of shingles and the quoining. I'll texture the exterior and replace the quoining. I'll have to replace the shingles unfortunately. Some are broken off and they are a different size than what is currently available so it would be very hard to match them up....so i'll strip em off and begin anew! I'll give it a whole new paint color (i like dark colors...light blue just isn't for me)....

The foundation is coming apart so i'll have to reglue and renail the foundation. The windows need a little rehab themselves as most are falling apart to some extent....and only have paint on the outside framing. The glass with have to be replaced...not sure what i will use yet, but i'll figure that out when i get to that point.

The house had a not so good dog odor to it, but after sitting in the garage overnight, the smell has really diminished. Still has an odor tho. I'll try some febreeze and throw a couple of opened boxed of baking soda in the house.

I'm very excited about this project. I love this house and am so glad i got it for a pretty good deal! It will be a little while before it get to the project however, i have a few other projects that i need to complete first. I'll post more pictures in a webshots album.

• Like 1

From the album:

Thornhill rehab

· 4 images
  • 4 images
  • 0 comments
  • 1 image comment

Recommended Comments

Beautiful house - so glad it's found a home that will give lots of tlc. I'll bet the furbabies are enjoying the new "sniffs".

-Susanne