window boxes

WyckedWood

Ive been working on the window boxes...theyre meant to look like architectural salvage...ceiling tiles aged. Still working on the colors to get just the right patina, these are a touch darker than I had in mind, going for a rusty look. I made them from the thin plastic ceiling tile sheets. The vines are what will be the woody bush part of roses. The lady at my local garden place says that roses can be grown in any planter container so...that's what I decided to do, this will be an overgrown look. I don't like to use plastic in my landscaping so Im handcutting from paper the leaves and have quite a few on, then I'll make the roses from polymer clay. Similar to what I did for my Brambly Hedge (sugarplum) cottage I also have some ivy made that will drape down in the front.

• Like 2

From the album:

WyckedWood Beacon Hill~The Sea Hag~

· 488 images
  • 488 images
  • 0 comments
  • 1,569 image comments

Recommended Comments

I've grown rose bushes in pots outside and they look exactly like that in winter. Well done! (I am bad at upkeep in the yard. Hee hee.)

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement:-) I found my rust accent color that had been hiding so Im working on making the tiles a little more corroded looking:) Thanks,so glad u like it :wave: