Its a big beast

Jo Med

I wanted to make a huge room with a really high ceiling and a galleried landing - all things that are hard to do in a kit house of fixed dimensions - plus I just wanted to do a scene rather than a complete house so a roombox it had to be. This monster will eventually be a shelf that supports 2 more builds because that's the only way I could fit it in my workroom. The one thing that has me stumped at the moment is what to eventually do with the outside as its built in MDF which collects dust and isn't pretty. Love to hear any ideas.

From the album:

Arsenic and Old Lace

· 58 images
  • 58 images
  • 0 comments
  • 469 image comments

Recommended Comments

Are you going to hook the future builds to this one? If so, it might be good to just paint the MDF to keep dust down and then decide on finishing the outside when you do the other rooms.

Faux doors, windows and exterior could be a possibility, like with Eric Lansdown houses. I absolutely love what you have done so far, this is going to be wonderful!

wow Jo, it is such an interesting project.

I agree with debora for the outside, a second choice is to paint MDF with a plain colour

Thanks Sergio. I could paint it or maybe decoupage the outside or just paper it with something pretty and wipeable. I've seen faux door and window prints that would be a possibility too.

Actually an old fashioned Boston night time scene papered on the outside would be wonderful, heavily varnished to protect it - hmmm - cogs are whirring.