© Jo Medvenics 2013

Octagonal tower - lower floor

Jo Med

I've started work on the downstairs tower window. I wanted these windows from Romney Miniatures but they are beautifully shaped on one side and flat on the other. It made sense to have the shaped side facing inwards because you would not normally see the outside but for 2 of the windows you can actually see them so I bought twice as many windows as I needed and stuck the flat sides together to make one really deep window.

Then came the problem with cutting holes in MDF. I'm a jackass with a jigsaw so the first window was like the windows in a fun house at a fairground but gradually I got a bit better at it and the other 4 were not so bad. There were still gaps though and these windows don't have trims to hide the gaps and trim would be all wrong anyway so I polyfilla'd tthe gaps and they look fine now (that's spackle to you guys). Its still in dry fit but I'm hoping to get some gluing done tomorrow.

Copyright

© Jo Medvenics 2013
  • Like 2

From the album:

Arsenic and Old Lace

· 58 images
  • 58 images
  • 0 comments
  • 469 image comments

Recommended Comments

Thanks Debra. Know what you mean about the jigsaw but its the same as everything I think, the more you do, the better they are.