Wood stove with firewood

otterine

I finished up the wood stove, and I am ecstatic about how it turned out! :D

I sanded the pieces once the grey primer was dry and sprayed them Krylon Satin Almond. I sanded once between the final color coats as well. I didn't go with high gloss since that often looks unrealistic in mini.

I cut a piece of acrylic sheet to fit the front opening. I then glued the door in place, added a round head pin for the bottom tray latch and fashioned a knob from a jewelry finding and flat head pin. While I was painting, the delicate parts of the door grille broke. I cut part of the design away to salvage the piece. It still looks like a planned design. Crisis averted! The stove pipe has a pin in the bottom that holds it in place on the stove.

Inside the Studio, I glued in the brick hearth and trimmed it with 1/16" x 1/16" bass wood. I was able to add in the surrounding baseboards as well. I fed the flickering LEDs into the stove and then into the resin fire. I put on the lid and set the stove in place. The stove pipe fits against the ceiling and holds the stove in place with tension alone. This is good in case I ever need to take it back out.

The firewood under the stove is one of my favorite details.

• Like 5

From the album:

The Artist's Studio

· 229 images
  • 229 images
  • 0 comments
  • 505 image comments

Recommended Comments

Love it, love it, love it! Isn't it fantastic when you can take bits and pieces from other things to fix a project? The acrylic insert, using the door, jewelry findings...perfect!