Tennyson: side porch view.

rbytsdy

I made the porch swing from pieces from an old dollar store porch furniture kit that my mother found for me some years ago-- I have made quite a few porch swings from that kit!

• Like 1

From the album:

Tennyson, by Artply

· 23 images
  • 23 images
  • 0 comments
  • 25 image comments

Recommended Comments

I too have an ArtPly Tennyson -- apparently it's an early version because its instructions are entitled just "Dollhouse"!). My daughter and I assembled the kit in 1988, and are refurbishing it in 2018. In the update, I've been wanting to add a porch swing but couldn't figure out how to keep it from banging into the house wall. Until I saw your Tennyson, it didn't occur to me to hang the swing *parallel* to a wall -- duh!

Edited by GailGW
3 hours ago, GailGW said:

I too have an ArtPly Tennyson -- apparently it's an early version because its instructions are entitled just "Dollhouse"!). My daughter and I assembled the kit in 1988, and are refurbishing it in 2018. In the update, I've been wanting to add a porch swing but couldn't figure out how to keep it from banging into the house wall. Until I saw your Tennyson, it didn't occur to me to hang the swing *parallel* to a wall -- duh!

Well I have installed a wall-banger or two as well... :plarge.IMG_3486.jpg.79155c39ad55fbe5f84f2

Not meant to swing in, I suppose!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, GailGW said:

Love it, rbytsdy. Is that house one of the Real Good Toys bungalow kits?

No-- that is a Laurel, extremely bashed!