quilt in progress...

WyckedWood

One of the many reasons I haven't been around much lately...working on a lap quilt, super cute design, having fun. With the kids home for the summer its much easier to work on sewing than to get wrapped up in a dollhouse project...I tend to get tunnel vision and ignore everything around me when Im dollhousing, quilting isnt quite that obsessive for me, but I still really enjoy it....and the lack of dust :)

• Like 2

From the album:

Rainy Day or Random Mini pictures...

· 15 images
  • 15 images
  • 0 comments
  • 31 image comments

Recommended Comments

Nice!Looks pretty intricate.I really like your color scheme.I don't have the patience/talent to sew or quilt,but I admire it as the artwork that it is! :)

• Like 1

Its challenging for me too, I have to remind myself when it gets frustrating or I make too many mistakes..."this is supposed to be fun right?" lol. I just love the way the fabrics go together like a puzzle and it doesn't seem like anything neat and then suddenly it all clicks and fits together to make sense. Kind of like dollhouses LOL

I love how the SeaHag is watching. Like, "Oh, interesting! What part will you do next?" She's a gentle observer.

Quilting too? ♥ Fantastic! <green with envy> I can barely sew a button on...sigh...my hubby sews better than me LOL

Looks like fun though. I love puzzles.

We have this in common, My husband wanted to get me my first dollhouse in 2009 and I said no thanks because I was working on 2 duvet covers at the time. Looks like your quilt is inspired by a mini rug or maybe thats a mini picture of what your quilt is to look like.?

Thank you all, Debora, its a lap quilt size, yes that's just the picture of the pattern for reference. The bear paws are killin me, the claws for them are only one inch triangle squares (finished). Im new to quilting, Ive been doing it for only 3 years, just smaller projects, this is my first time making something that is actually a usable quilt. My goal is to make a nice quilt for each of my 4 children but I want to build my skills up before I make theirs. My Grandmothers were all hand quilters and I love trying to carry on that tradition, I feel close to them while I work :) None of the other women in our family have any interest in domestic arts,sad to say.