Grahame's burrow surrounded by mushrooms

otterine

I started with Peiwen Petitgrand's book on making clay food. I had already planned to start with mushrooms since I wanted some for the Heritage lawn. Her instructions are wonderful, even though my French is very rusty. I was able to figure out the basics well enough. I made only a few changes. I added pastel coloration before baking and made the stems longer to have something to plant in the ground. I also made my molds a little variable, misshapen and left any imperfections. It translated into a more realistic result. :D

The undersides have the slotted detailing like the real thing. Even though it's nearly impossible to see once the mushrooms are planted, I love knowing it's there.

I planted them all around The Tree but wonder if these will last the night with Grahame on the loose! :ohmy: I might be making more tomorrow. Haaaaa!

• Like 1

From the album:

The Haunted Heritage

· 854 images
  • 854 images
  • 0 comments
  • 2,838 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

Thank you!!! :D Yes, that's Grahame the badger...he was made by *Reve* -- the same artist who made Ophelia the cat. I made him a burrow under The Tree.