Bay window balcony

otterine

The bay window is one of the nicer elements of the Heritage dollhouse, but, straight out of the box, they are somewhat lacking in pizzazz. I removed some original trim and added laser cut pieces as replacements. The most noticeable change came from swapping out the old kit corbel brackets for Laser Tech fancy corbels (purchased from Manchester Woodworks).

I also added some Laser Tech fancy roof trim (purchased from Green Gables Dollhouse) to the upper flat portion of the window walls and a more decorative molding along the upper edge that sits just under the roof piece. Each tiny element added made it all the more convincing as an old stately house.

To finish the bay window balcony, I added quarter scale widow's walk railings by Grandt Line. The railings are very delicate but look suitable in scale for the bay window. I spray painted them flat black to start and then trimmed them to fit end to end. I dabbed on some Bittersweet Chocolate and Terra Cotta by Americana and rusty old iron was born.

From the album:

The Haunted Heritage

· 854 images
  • 854 images
  • 0 comments
  • 2,838 image comments

Photo Information

Recommended Comments

There are no comments to display.