Closeup of Second Turning

The Gnome

Just thought a closeup of the original dowel, and the output was called for :woohoo:

I thought about attempting to produce something I would keep, like a cup or a bowl...but the truth is that no matter what I produced it would be bearable at best.. So! I spent the time learning to produce the lines I wanted. Learning also to control the depth and shape of my carving/gouging.

:groucho: So far, so good! Thx for indulging my babblings! :)

From the album:

Gnome's Homes

· 7 images
  • 7 images
  • 0 comments
  • 14 image comments

Recommended Comments

Bill, my question now is "what happens if you want to do another 3 identical to that one?" That was my biggest problem, finding a duplicator to go with a lathe. In the end, DH built me a beautiful machine. You've done some really nice turnings, great job!

Thank you! :ohyeah: Very Therapeutic too!

what happens if you want to do another 3 identical to that one?

Exactly. My lathe has beautiful rails on 4 sides for all sorts of goodies.. I just can't find a place that is selling little ones at little prices yet :) So :whistle: for now, I will be forced to wing it. I was hoping I would have found one by now. :unsure:

I know the feeling, I hunted and hunted and never did find one. On the other hand, if the design isn't too intricate and you have the patience of Job, I'm sure you could do 4 turnings pretty much alike. Lots of fun!