© Lene Pieters

Lady Camella

moonberry

I saw this Liz Staryk doll on eBay and instantly fell in love with her! I've named her Lady Camella. She is an eccentric expat who lived in various countries and ended up in the Middle East, where she had a fling with a Sheikh who shall remain nameless. Oh, and within ten minutes from arriving in Dubai, she claimed the Garfield to house all her treasures and collections. With fond memories of her adventurous youth, she clearly does not care one bit what anybody thinks of her. What a feisty lady!

Her lamé clothing is quite fragile and is starting to unravel a bit, so I have to be extra careful with her. I'd appreciate any advice about protecting the fabric from further damage.

And does anyone know more about Liz Staryk? I saw her obituary, but couldn't really find much online about her. She was obviously a very talented dollmaker!

Copyright

© Lene Pieters

From the album:

Furniture for my Garfield

· 7 images
  • 7 images
  • 0 comments
  • 12 image comments

Recommended Comments

What a wonderful character! She reminds me of the American mistress of the king of Nepal, whom I met in Kathmandu many years ago. :D (honest!)

• Like 1