Do it yourself projects

Lyn

Here are pics of my project for the Boca Raton Dollhouse show March 8. The theme is "A Entry Feature". I actually completed it months ago. I was using it to practice stone cutting for my stone townhouse which I am still working on.

Have not figured out how to make fancy cups yet. Have not yet figured out how to make small enough spoons, forks and knives. So I may have to buy some spoons, forks and knives tomorrow.

On U-tube I found this video and this one for making silverware. Looks like a long process though to make enough for a complete table setting. The second one uses a type of silver leafing that makes them look quite realistic.

• Like 2

Thank you JackieS. Elfprincess gets credit for originally posting the inspiration. I can't thank her enough!

Feel better soon, Elfprincess.

Thanks, hun. At the 'lingering cough but otherwise okay' stage.

I am so glad I started the Arts and Crafts thread. I couldn't stop thinking about that fireplace and I also thought, surely my forum pals would love this? Your gorgeous 'hommage' to Baillie Scott is just beautiful - and he deserves to be celebrated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sable, this room is amazing. It is so modern and very realistic looking. I love the wallpaper you used! I saw some real life size rugs with that exact same design at Target yesterday. Love the built in bookshelves and the tiles in the fireplace!

Sable, this room is amazing. It is so modern and very realistic looking. I love the wallpaper you used! I saw some real life size rugs with that exact same design at Target yesterday. Love the built in bookshelves and the tiles in the fireplace!

Thank you. I bought the rug in blue from Target along with the matching storage boxes. It's an Arabesque form of print. Couldn't resist the paper when I saw it, because I love the rug so much.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Here are some random tutorials:

How to make mini ice cubes: http://dollhouselove.com/blogs/news/14864691-how-to-make-miniature-ice-cubes

DIY Dollhouse Magazines with Free Printable (my favorite): http://dollhouselove.com/blogs/news/16014891-how-to-make-dollhouse-magazines

Hope you enjoy!

• 8 months later...

Need a bathtub for the 1:12 scale Westville.  Have spent the past couple of days trying different ideas.  Today I just may have found the way to easily make a footed bathtub that measures about 4 1/2" x 2 1/2".

So far I cut the rounded ends off a paper 12 egg carton (about 1 1/2" off one end one and a little more than 1 1/2" off the other end).  Slid one into the other which does create a bulky seam inside the tub.  After the glue dries,  I may spackle to smooth the seam and other bumps in the egg carton.  The edges are a little bumpy.

Now to create feet for the tub.

Will post pictures if and when I successfully complete the tub.  It won't be perfect, but right now it looks like this just might work.

I had a clear blister pack the correct size & shape, I sprayed the outside with white flat primer and then painted it a coppery brown to look like porcelain over cast iron.  The feet are beads.

I had a clear blister pack the correct size & shape, I sprayed the outside with white flat primer and then painted it a coppery brown to look like porcelain over cast iron.  The feet are beads.

Alas, I looked through but did not find the correct size & shape blister pack in my stash for this current bathtub.  I will continue looking for the right blister pack if the egg shell carton does not work out.

Just to let you know, for my bathtub in the half scale Fairfield, I used your idea (that I found on this forum before I even became an active member) of Styrofoam packing as I had one the correct size with some modification.

The glue on the egg carton has dried enough that I am going to work on trying to smooth out the bumps and go through my stash for the possibilities of feet. 

• 1 year later...
25 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

24 minutes ago, Elsbeth said:

Jenn, those are both interesting projects. I could see doing the tree in assembly-line mode for a holiday swap. :)

• 2 months later...