Has anyone built a Woodline Products Dollhouse?

Syphon79

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask the friendly experts here at the forum: has anyone built any one of the dollhouses from Woodline Products?

Was cruising Craigslist last weekend and saw a posting up in Massachusetts about a lady selling two dollhouse kits for $60. I don't know what the first one is, but the other looks like a Victorian house from Woodline (it looks like Pop's Dollhouse and the one at the IMSAI site).

Am seriously debating it. I live in Washington DC, but I'm planning to spend the holidays up in MA with my boyfriend and his family. Funny part is, they live 15 minutes from where these kits are being sold. BF's father offered to pick it up for me, since he's seen my dollhouses and have given construction advice (he was a contractor before being forced to retire due to a knee injury. BF's parents do house flipping on the side so I try to ask them for advice when it comes to construction/decoration).

So just curious if anyone has had experience building kits from Woodline. Both kits look like HUGE houses, so this might severely limit my ability to get more houses to fit in the apt (otherwise, bf and I will need to rent a bigger space)! Any feedback and advice are greatly appreciated.

Thank you everyone!!!

2 complete kits for $60.00? Get it, run, figure out where you'll put them later!! I think there was some discussion about woodline products in house section of the forum, in Everyone else.

I did a search on Woodline Products, but didn't see anything that talked into detail about the construction process. But there was a definite consensus about getting the quality and design of the houses.

Okay, I'll try to get it. Hoping my bf's father can indeed pick it up before I get up there. Am worried someone might snag it before I do!

Thanks everyone!

I have a Woodline San Franciscan Victorian style boxed under my bed. It is a lot of small wood pieces, but very nice quality from what I can tell. I think it will take a lot of work, but is going to be one of those things that will be absolutely gorgeous when its finished. The staircase that came with mine is made by Lawbre, if that gives you any idea of the quality. (at least of the kit I have) I think this one would be well worth it

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your feedback about the Woodline dollhouse -- it's much appreciated.

Sadly, I just got an email from the seller this morning saying that both kits have been picked up by someone else yesterday afternoon. I'm so sad -- I was excited about getting the Victorian and building it for one of my doll families who wanted a wrap around porch -- and plenty of space for their kids and dogs. :)

I told the family and while it seems like the husband took it well, the wife seemed pretty sad about the loss. Looks like the kids were bummed out too -- everyone's getting tired of living in the old Rubbermaid container.

But I did promise them that I'll keep looking. So that seemed to perk them up a bit.

Guess am back at the drawing board.....

post-4852-1261314834_thumb.jpg

post-4852-1261314839_thumb.jpg

Dad has a rather teeth-clenched, stiff upper lip look about him.

Yeah he does -- he's a bit of a reserved fellow compared to his wife. But he's very doting on his kids -- especially his daughter Madeline. :wave:

Greetings to everyone from the (snow-laden) town of Sandwich, MA!!

• 10 years later...