What's everyone working on?

Just got off the phone with Richard from Ron's Miniature Shop. The parts are in the mail. :wub:

We're leaving Wednesday afternoon, but as much as I'm looking forward to the trip, I wish I had a couple more weeks to work on the Tudor.

Wish you could go Lyssa. You did great at the Craft show last November. I'm definitely bringing my Chai tea and honey so I don't loose my voice this time.

I'm working on installing my stairs. Then, believe it or not, my house will be FINISHED!!!!

Then, I get to clean my real house! It needs it so badly, but I MUST finish my dollhouse.

I'm so excited that I'm so close to it!! :wub:

However, installing the stairs scare me! EEK! :) EEK! :grrr: EEK! :hide:

Yay Mary!! Can't wait to see it!

Finally, we are having a nice day (it has rained I think every day for an entire week here!), so I took my house outside and put some poly on the floors. Next week is Spring Break, so tonight or tomorrow I am going to clean off my table and put my plastic back down, and try and be productive again and get some stuff done! I started this house last Spring Break, so I would really like to be about done with it and move on to another kit that is in waiting. :wub:

Have my boarding pass in hand, all packed and after breakfast in the morning a quick stop by the ATM and we are off to the airport. Will miss my DH and fur kids, but am ready for me time and full court press on minis. See you all in a week!!!!!

Bye Beverly! Have a great trip! Can't wait to see what all you make and come back with. :wub:

Well it looks like I'm going to have to take back a little of what I said in my last post. I won't have as much time as I had hoped to work on my Beacon Hill this week after all. We finally found the source of the horrible smell downstairs that has got worse the last few weeks, and it looks like we will be tearing out carpet and putting in new floors in 1 room over the break. I'm excited to get new floor, but I'm really scared because we haven't a clue how to replace flooring!

I should have the foam core ranch cut out by now.I don't,haven't even pulled the foam core out yet !!!! I am still drawing floor plans,up to abt 18 now !!!!Just can't decide.....so many I really like,Help !!!! At this rate I'll never get started :wub:

Finally finished the Laurel for my friend's little girl (pic's in gallery) did the laundry, son took me to pick up a few essentials at the drug store and now like Merry, I guess it's time to clean up a bit. Not looking forward to that, I swear I don't know how this place gets so dusty under my work table, I dirt devil it every day....well, almost every day :wub: , but no matter how much or how often I do it there always seems to be another layer of dust that I missed. I've gotten to the point where I hate cleaning. I just want to make the mess and have someone else clean it up....I think I've earned that after all these years of cleaning up behind other people....right? :) . Debating whether I should start it or not, since my friend wants me to do another house for her son and the kit is here waiting. It's either that or take down the curtains and drapes and start Spring cleaning. Guess which option I'm choosing?

• Like 1

Yay Mary!! Can't wait to see it!

Woohoo, Mary!!!!!

Thank you soooo much!! :wub:

Finally finished the Laurel for my friend's little girl (pic's in gallery) did the laundry, son took me to pick up a few essentials at the drug store and now like Merry, I guess it's time to clean up a bit. Not looking forward to that, I swear I don't know how this place gets so dusty under my work table, I dirt devil it every day....well, almost every day :) , but no matter how much or how often I do it there always seems to be another layer of dust that I missed. I've gotten to the point where I hate cleaning. I just want to make the mess and have someone else clean it up....I think I've earned that after all these years of cleaning up behind other people....right? :grrr: . Debating whether I should start it or not, since my friend wants me to do another house for her son and the kit is here waiting. It's either that or take down the curtains and drapes and start Spring cleaning. Guess which option I'm choosing?

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Thank you for making me feel better. I'm am so close to finishing my house that I keep thinking that it will be finished that day, but it is taking longer than I thought. In the meantime I've let my house go, and there is major dust on everything in my house.

But all that matters to me is my dollhouse! I'm beginning to wonder if I've seriously gone over the edge. EEK!! EEK!! EEK!!

So, as the tummy decided it didn't like what I had ate I sort of had to stay home form work today, and have made some progress on the second floor of the lighthouse:

post-90-1301928626_thumb.jpg

Still needs sanding and will get a coat of dark walnut I think.... Gotta' love that easy cutter!!!

Hugs

• Like 1

Happy Sunday!! :sun:

Finished up electrifying the Pierce yesterday, works perfectly! (Thank you again, Ravenswing!)

Glued in the front door and French doors, pics will be added to Aim's Pierce in the Gallery.

Happy to see you all again! How did you all pass the time?

Happy Sunday!! :sun:

Finished up electrifying the Pierce yesterday, works perfectly! (Thank you again, Ravenswing!)

Glued in the front door and French doors, pics will be added to Aim's Pierce in the Gallery.

Happy to see you all again! How did you all pass the time?

OOPS! Duplicated post again!

Holly, I am now bashing the plastic furniture and liking what I am coming up with. So far, I have two very nice quarter inch scale French daybeds with draperies. Come see! I also have an idea how to fix the chairs. Going great guns!LOL

I was lucky enough to enjoy three local miniature shows this weekend: Bishop, Three Blind Mice and Independent Miniature Artisans (IMA) shows. I took no photos this year but did bring home lots of goodies. :D Photos on my blog until I can upload here.

I found two Vintage Millie August furniture kits at a local hobby store that was having a moving sale. I put together the couch today, and I really like the way it turned out. It was a bit challenging but worth the effort. Pics of this also on my blog... :D

Great items Brae! And love the sofa! Glad you had a great time! :)

I was off all week for Spring Break, and had big plans for getting so much done on my Beacon Hill. Nope, didn't happen. Nothing. :( So sad. Did get a lot of productive stuff done here around the house though, things not planned but happened out of necessity, like replacing a floor and repacking things in storage that had been in cardboard boxes. Oh well, at least I can say I did something.

Oh, I take that back, I did put poly on my bathroom and kitchen floors, they look really nice. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. And I broke and fixed my tape wire. So there, did do something!

Working on the Fling. Had to figure out how to salvage several things in the craft room when Charlie (1 year old) decided to smash/dump/pour/play in an entire thing of Bombay Mahogany Miniwax stain. :doh: Really?! Sheesh.

We had a DAY here.

Finished one of the kids' rooms floors in the Petite Dreams house today. Gesso'd the heck out of another house(lots of fun that was!) lol Have also managed to get up fill, frieze, and wainscot in nursery on the Petite Dreams home. Other than that have spent the weekend having fun with a heat gun and paint scraper... The RGT Town House will no longer be that hideous bubble gum pink! Yea!!! Sorry guys, not a big fan of unrealistic pink houses. Not saying they don't exist, but this color just looked odd to me. lol :blink:

...Had to figure out how to salvage several things in the craft room when Charlie (1 year old) decided to smash/dump/pour/play in an entire thing of Bombay Mahogany Miniwax stain...
I betcha had funn scrubbing all the Minwas off of Charlie! I hope someone got pictures! Years from now you can embarass the heck out of the poor kid!

Congratulations, Mary! I'm looking forward to your pics. At the moment, the gallery is acting up for me and I can't get on to see if you loaded your pictures of your house yet.

I got a lot of masonry done on the fairy house. The stone fireplace exterior, and the back stone foundation are all painted and grouted. The rest of the foundation i painted and has a coat of varnish on the 'stones', but I still need to grout them. I just finished sanding the doors, and need to put the hinges on.

I'm thinking another two weekends and the house itself will be finished. Then I need to make the yard and finish making the furniture.