Bishop show - April 2012 in Chicago

I just sent my check for advance ticket to the Bishop show this year. WooHoo

Just curious...is anyone else planning to go this year? I am already planning my list of "what to look for" for current project, and of course, allowing $$ for those "oh heavens, I KNOW I don't need this--but I simply must have it!" items that ALWAYS catch my eye (and wallet).

Thankfully I will have a bit more cash to spend this year, so I won't be in and out in 5 minutes (I hope)...LOL

Not this year! I make just one major (expensive!) thing a year and this year will be a class in Junr. Also I have enough unfinished projects and want to get them finished. I really should skip the class!

Have fun, it is a great show.

Never skip a class if it's an opportunity to learn a new technique or skill! Have fun for those of us whose location, funds or whatever won't allow us to go, and do post lots of pictures of your goodies/ class projects.

I live close to the 3 Blind Mice and IMA show locations, so I will head to all three that weekend.

3 show in one weekend?! I knew about the Bishop but not the others. Maybe if I start buying lottery tickets now I can win a jackpot in time to visit all three. How fun!

I went to all 3 shows last year and it was awesome! I looked at every single thing in each place! Definityly a mini lovers heaven! I found some great treasures, there were alot more I wanted but the prices were way out of my range. I wish I could go again this year but I'm planning something else with the kids in April.

Did anyone go to the Show that was in Dallas this past year? Are these other Shows about the same size(amount of vendors and displays) or larger? I was a little disappointed in the size of the Dallas show. It was only the second show I have ever been to. The first show I went to was in Ft Worth, Texas some 20 + years ago .That show was very large and quite amazing. Just wondering if there is a show that it might be worth flying to.

Never miss it! Taking one workshop this year. After we fly to Chicago for the show, we fly to Atlanta where we will rent a car to spend some time driving around Georgia, Florida and the Carolinas. Looking forward to visiting Ron's Miniature Shop in Orlando, Nancy's in Naples, Florida and Miniature Designs in Lawrenceville,Georgia.

Are these other Shows about the same size(amount of vendors and displays) or larger? I was a little disappointed in the size of the Dallas show.

The Chicago Bishop show in April is the largest show in the US (http://www.bishopshow.com). The Philadelphia show in November is also very large (http://www.philadelphiaminiaturia.com). and there is the Good Sam show in California in October with about 120 dealers.

Valerie

Maybe I drop off Mrs. Gonzo at the Magnificent Mile and head to the show(s). A dinner at the House of Blues and some spending money should get me a little free time...lol. Only a three hour drive to Chicago makes it pretty inviting.

Valerie, be sure to wave as you pass by my house on the way to FL! :) You'll probably fly over it as well, as we are about 20 minutes from the airport. Miniature Designs is my "local" shop. And don't forget Ernie's Attic, maybe it'll be open the week you're here. Actually, looks like it is open the week after the show, lucky you! Have fun on your road trip!

And everyone else also have fun at the shows! :)

I signed up for a miniature class at the Boca Show but hope to take a 2 day class next year in Orlando if ppossible. I asked the mini club if there were going to ever have any big classes but I guess there is not that many people that would sign up this far south in Florida.....

Don't forget to stop by and say "Hi" Valerie. I live just a few miles East of I-75 in Gainesville. After 5 hours of driving from Atlanta you could probably use the break.

If I can make it down to Orlando for the Molly Cromwell show next weekend I'll probably do some shopping, but won't make it to Chicago this year. Maybe I'll display / sell the houses at next year's show.

I'm surprised how many members of the GL family were at the Chicago show and didn't stop by and say, "hey, I'm so-and-so from the GL forum". I wouldn't have had anything to show at all if Brae hadn't come to the rescue and Beverly gave me a much needed break on Saturday, but I don't remember anyone seeing anyone else. Since I don't know what most of the members look like, I didn't know who was who at the show.

Jeremy, I was in and out of there in less than an hour last year. I stopped at a total of 3 booths and hit the door running. So sorry I didn't stop by, but I was on a mission and felt I had to stay focused..'cuz that place is HUGE and the marvelous distractions are Gi-Normous. (plus, I don't do BIG crowds all that well)

If you saw a half-crazed lady with 'blinders', winged sneakers and muttering "No, I mustn't stop" to herself fly by...THAT was ME!! :neo: It was quite a let-down (I barely remember even being there..sigh)

I plan to rectify that this year though. I am going to go to the preview show and spend the entire day if I wish, taking it ALL in.

AND, buy something totally frivolous if I want to!!!

It was so nice of you to give me a break at the show, Beverly. I was beginning to think I was going to attend the biggest show in the country and not actually SEE anything while I was there. I see my houses every day, so I don't think as much of them as I do other people's work. One of these days I gotta see Brae's houses in person.

Chris,

I was "off the beaten path" but still seen by anyone who bought a ticket to see the show. My houses were right behind the ticket table! I liked that my display didn't cause traffic jams for everyone else and had some overflow space just past it. With all the shows going on that weekend, I couldn't imagine trying to fit all three into one trip.

Jeremy I didn't even realize that was you! DUH. I even talked to you about your houses. Beautiful! If I go this year at least I will know who you are!

I guess you haven't seen my gallery! :p It seems I talked to several GL members and didn't even realize it. "The Camp" (a Yahoo group) wore pins. They were everywhere. We should have some kind of GL pin too so we can identify each other.

I'll be at Disney with the family this year, but hope to have the houses finished / repaired by the 2013 show. That is, if Tom will allow me back at the show. He was a really nice and accomodating guy, so I'm hopeful.

I just booked the hotel for my stay there -- we'll be driving down on Friday (and I hope to stop by one shop along the way) and leaving Sunday morning.

I was wondering: If I were to bring along all my "discards" -- stuff I don't want anymore / don't plan to use / "impulse bought and have no room for" (furniture, both new and used; wallpaper; some small accessories, all 1:12 scale)

and had it available in my hotel room....for way cheap....would any of you from Greenleaf be interested? I really have to reduce my inventory. This would save me packaging costs, save you shipping costs. What do you think?