Bishop show - April 2012 in Chicago

Well, then, I'll start "cleaning house", and find out my hotel room number. As the date gets closer, I'll let you know my anticipated time of arrival (I do plan to stop at Lolly's on my way there, on Friday!! :) ) and when it would be a good time for you to show up at my room over the weekend.

I'm in a wheelchair, so shouldn't be too hard to spot at the show, should we need to connect there! :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So, are you packing your bags..or perhaps more importantly, your wallets ..for the show coming up?

I'm tying to plan out my Taft General Store and finish decorating my Lighthouse so I know what I have, what I "need", and what I can offer to sell, myself.

Life in Catterville goes on: Graham, the Proprietor of Graham's Grub'N'Stuff is anxious to move into his new store; Elise is excited about her upcoming opening of Elise Furr's Dance and Music Studio on the second floor of the General Store; Shadow and Tuffy have opened their home to tours, and are now serving an electic mix of Asian treats for teas on tour days -- sushi and fortune cookies, with green tea; there is word that someone from the outside is eyeing Graham's current store, thinking about converting it to a sewing and fabric supply shop... The saga continues.. :)

Hmmmm ... :hmm: We'll be back in Missouri April 12. And I do have to go to my niece's just south of Chicago to pick up the quilt shop contents ... I might could justify a quick nip up to the Bishop Show Sat or Sun.

• Like 1

So, are you packing your bags..or perhaps more importantly, your wallets ..for the show coming up?

I'm tying to plan out my Taft General Store and finish decorating my Lighthouse so I know what I have, what I "need", and what I can offer to sell, myself.

Life in Catterville goes on: Graham, the Proprietor of Graham's Grub'N'Stuff is anxious to move into his new store; Elise is excited about her upcoming opening of Elise Furr's Dance and Music Studio on the second floor of the General Store; Shadow and Tuffy have opened their home to tours, and are now serving an electic mix of Asian treats for teas on tour days -- sushi and fortune cookies, with green tea; there is word that someone from the outside is eyeing Graham's current store, thinking about converting it to a sewing and fabric supply shop... The saga continues.. :)

Trying to pack my wallet as much as possible, but I know myself...no amount will be enough. LOL Perhaps if I win that massive lottery today, THAT might be enough.. :bigwink:

• Like 1

I'm trying to pack my wallet too. I have so many items from other shows still not opened. So I made a list of things I need this time and have a budget for wants ( small for wants). I have a feeling it'll change when I get there. My wants are gonna get bigger than my needs as usual. I'm a paper person. I know what wallpapers n colors I need but gosh, if I see something pretty not on the list, it'll be in my bag and on my credit card ;)

What days are you all gonna be there? I'm going Saturday only.

My classes are Thursday. I will heading to the show on Friday, possibly one of the weekend days. There are also the 3 Blind Mice and IMA shows that weekend, so I will go to those, too...they are actually closer to me.

I bought a preview ticket for Friday in hopes it might be slightly less crowded (lol..yea, sure Chris..like THAT 'll happen). Something tells me that you won't be able to judge that we are in really bad economic times by THIS particular market...we miniaturists always find ways to justify our 'little goodies', eh? :rolleyes: Hopefully, I will have all my color-swatches and idea lists together for the Fling so I will know what I am looking for. That helped me budget tremendously last time. :D

I'm going to try to hit all 3 shows on Friday, but if my legs and lungs (darn post-pneumonia!) give out, I may have to do the IMA and 3 Blind Mice on Saturday. That's assuming that I have money left to do so... :unsure:

I'm going to try to hit all 3 shows on Friday, but if my legs and lungs (darn post-pneumonia!) give out, I may have to do the IMA and 3 Blind Mice on Saturday. That's assuming that I have money left to do so... :unsure:

Even without money, there is so much inspiration to be found at the shows!

I will be arriving late Friday afternoon, and be leaving on Sunday morning. I'm geographically impaired...how far away are the other two shows? I thought they were close by -- somewhere I read something about a "free shuttle provided between the shows"...or did I imagine that??

Yes, there is a free shuttle. The two other shows are about 20 minutes from Bishop and about 5 minutes from each other.

And, yes, in the Chicago area, distance is measured in time. :lol:

I lived in the Chicago area about 45 years ago, so understand the "measured in time" thing! :) I'll have to dig out my Illinois map and see just where they all are, I guess, and then figure out just which I'll get to first.... I remember when I went about 3 years ago, and they are all roughly in the same area, just at opposite ends of the cloverleaf off the expressway! :)

They have changed locations again this year on the two smaller shows, so it probably will be a bit more taxing for those who are 'shuttling' and coming in from out of town.

I really don't need to go to all 3, but just know I will kick myself if I don't. LOL Think I will more than likely have to come back on Saturday to hit the other two. Never know what little 'treasure' might be awaiting....and I MUST stop by the Lighting Bug @ IMA anyway...LOVE her stuff. ♥

My wife is working that weekend, so I won't be able to make it. If that wasn't the case, I could probably budget a quick trip to Chicago if I rode my motorcycle up instead of driving. I wouldn't be able to buy anything, but it would be great to meet everyone at the show and see all the great minis.

On the upside, my wife is already talking about the 2013 show and sounds enthusiastic about going!

You will be missed Jeremy. :( I promise, if you are set up for the 2013 show, I will make a point of stopping and saying "Howdy", rather than flying thru the place on my broom..lol..like I did last year. Was not meant to be rude - I honestly didn't stop long enough to notice anything for fear of severe attack of "I WANT IT!" :nono:

I'm flying in on Thursday for a class, will go to the Bishop show on Friday, mayne Saturday too...I'm planning on taking the shuttle to the other two shows as well...then flying home Sunday afternoon. See you all there! I made sure to buy more hair color to match my photo so you'll recognize me. :D

• Like 1

.... I remember when I went about 3 years ago, and they are all roughly in the same area, just at opposite ends of the cloverleaf off the expressway! :)

Not since 4 years ago (2008) when the Bishop show moved to it's present location at the Marriott. Estimated travel times between locations noted on the IMA show website (who by the way provides the shuttle) is 20-30 miniutes between locations "depending upon traffic".

Valerie

I bought a preview ticket for Friday in hopes it might be slightly less crowded (lol..yea, sure Chris..like THAT 'll happen). Something tells me that you won't be able to judge that we are in really bad economic times by THIS particular market...we miniaturists always find ways to justify our 'little goodies', eh? :rolleyes: Hopefully, I will have all my color-swatches and idea lists together for the Fling so I will know what I am looking for. That helped me budget tremendously last time. :D

Every year I have attended, the preview show has been more crowded then during the other show times, in my opinion. Of course, this year with the new change of having the preview show all day Friday it may seem less crowded with the expanded hours. Preview tickets are sold out per the website. All I know for sure is I will be there when the doors open Friday morning.

Valerie

a :(:( I am sorry to tell you all that I have to cancel my going to this, this year! :( I just sat down and did the math....I could buy another dollhouse and enough stuff to accessorize it with the $$ I'd spend on gas, 2 nights hotel and meals to go....and that's not including anything I might buy there! Just flat not good economic sense. If I were taking a class, or doing something other than shopping -- and spending more $$! -- it might have made sense...but...it really doesn't. I'm sorry!

I'll still take pics of all my "extras" and post them here for sale, if anyone is interested. I've not done that yet but I'll let you know when I do...

sniff...sniff...I'll miss seeing y'all, for sure... :(