Hi from Australia :)

Papillon

Hi all, I'm new to miniatures although I've dreamed of making my own little house since I was a little girl. I just bought the Glencroft and the Orchid houses and am so excited to get started. I've now realised I have to start with painting walls and wallpapering, so I'm patiently leaving everything in the box until I buy my supplies. This looks like a great forum, its nice to be here and meet you all :) Sarah

Thanks so much for the welcome :) I really can't wait to get stuck in! Hopefully the Orchid will come in the mail soon and I may start on that one first, it seems like it will be less complicated. Its a bit nerve racking at first isn't it! I've been looking at wallpapers online today, it is all so much fun!!

Welcome to the little family, Sarah! I've built both kits.

...I just bought the Glencroft and the Orchid houses and...I have to start with painting walls and wallpapering, so I'm patiently leaving everything in the box until I buy my supplies...
No, you don't. First you take your rolls of masking tape or painter's tape and your knife and put them with the kit whilst you use the "search" feature to read over all the "getting started" threads so you will have read over the instructions a few times, seen what supplies you really need to start, and then read over all the building blogs for both the Glencroft and the Orchid (there are two building blogs for the Orchid ; note that each underline is actually a link you can click on to take you to the blogs).

...Hopefully the Orchid will come in the mail soon and I may start on that one first, it seems like it will be less complicated...
Each kit has its own challenges. Read the instructions aand do dry fitting until you understand what you need to do; come on here and ask all the questions you need to; and check the "Question about a Particular House" subforums for others' experiences building both kits.

• 3 months later...

Hi Sarah,

I'm a new member from Australia too. I actually just ordered the orchid kit last night myself and it is estimated to arrive early August... Very excited!

Where in Australia are you living? I'm very keen to join a club in my area or even start one myself but not really sure where to start.

I live in Sydney, out by the Blue Mountains.

mini hugs to you xx