Doors

HC-130

I bought a door for my Garfield, and it is way too big for the spot under the stairs like i wanted it for, so i figured use it in a different place.  TOO Big.  I am afraid of cutting holes in stuff, but is that what i will be forced to do?  If i want prehung doors will i be forced to make the slots larger?  and at what point should i hang them?  when do i stain them?  

thank you 

I usually  add all the doors and windows in last...so that all the decorating is finished

and yes sorry to say if you want to use a prehung door and it is to large for where you want it you will have to enlarge the hole

and if you want to use said door in a place where it is too small you would add shims and cover with some woodfil or spackle and paint and decorate over that

it is done...and there is a name for it...its called bashing....bash that kit and make it as you wish

and you would paint or stain the doors before installing them

each person has their own way...this is how I would proceed....you picked and awesome house!  hope you share some photos with us!

Hello Danielle,

you have options:

- you can measure the opening and find a door - there are many (with size info) on miniatures.com - so you know what you need to look for.

- you can use a door and build the frame yourself

- enlarge the opening