The Laurel - Starting question

Mingo2

I am starting The Laurel and am having a problem.  Instructions say there are interior and exterior window casings on sheet (7) but sheet (7) does not contain any type of casings.

Can someone tell me what to do or where i can find them.

Thank you

Judi

Welcome to the Neighborhood Judi! I don't have that kit in stock or I'd go down and check. Hopefully someone will get back to you really soon. It's such a fun house. By the way, do you have the schematics sheet? It'll show you exactly what the casings look like. I know sometimes it's hard to tell what part goes where :wave:

Welcome, Judi. The instructions can be very confusing (at least for me): I have to always keep checking between the schematics sheet, like Tracy said, and the regular instructions page. You could label everything up front & it will save you time when you do a dry fit. Another thing I've done is to use a highlighter and mark the pieces I've used on the schematics sheet as I go so I know they are not there any more. As you get towards the end, there are fewer pieces left to sort out, so the process of elimination is easier, but the beginning can be a bit overwhelming.

Have fun with the Laurel. It was my second build, but I don't really count the first one I did, so it was like my first. That's when I discovered this forum and had the help and support of so many people.

Judi, my rule of thumb to starting any kit is to pull the acetate sheet with the window and door inserts and put it between the pages of the warm up sheet and set it beside the box.  Next I read through the instruction sheet and then I look at the schematics sheet and read the instructions again looking at the schematics sheet to find the pieces and note what they look like.  Next I go through all the sheets of plywood and put them into numerical order so I can use the schematics sheet to find quickly the parts I need; then I put the schematics sheet on top of the plywood.  Then I read through the instructions again and put them on top of the schematics sheet.  Then I put the warm up sheet containing the inserts on top of the instruction, close the box and go assemble my utility knife, sandpaper and painter's tape.

When I'm ready to begin I dry fit the shell; I build it with the tape in place of the glue first.  This helps me to noodle through the instructions, allows me to tweak the tabs & slots for a more perfect fit, and if the kit hasn't already begun, start a dialog with the house to learn what it wants and assemble supplies and materials to make it happen.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, thank you for your help.  Turns out i had the wrong directions and the wrong schematics for The Laural.  I called the 800 number yesterday

and they told me it was a mistake.  somehow the Buttercup directions got in the Laurel box.  So this really nice man Keith from C/S emailed me the right  ones.

Looking forward to getting started.