How many shingles?

nuttiwebgal

I have a big box of shingles...several bags of them in fact of 3 different styles....individual shingles.

do not think I want to use them for either house...Chantilly or the MHM...I want to order and use the strip/quick shingles from Greenleaf for both houses

How do I figure out how many I will need for each house....I also want to mix it up to make designs as I go on the roofs...practicing on the Chantilly...

thanks for all your help...ready to start the Chantilly's roof so I need to make order PDQ

:dunno:

It's gonna involve the dreaded maths, but on GL's site it indicates how many square inches a pack of the speed shingles will cover. I usually measure the surface area I want to cover, convert to square inches, and add some for waste. 

Hope this helps! :D

• Like 1

I use the same method you do, Debora.  I'm about to start shingling the Orchid, I have three packages of the strip shingles, two would have cut it too close.  I really like how modern the strip shingles appear, too.