Membership and Registration Guidelines:
- You must register with the Greenleaf forum before you can post here. If you were a member of Greenleaf’s old forum, you need to register again. Please provide a working email address when you register. After you register, you will receive an email explaining how to activate your account.
- Some forum members choose to display an avatar (picture) under their names. Avatars can be set through your user controls. The Greenleaf forum has several avatars available for you to choose from. You can also use a picture of your own. If you choose to upload your own image, don't be concerned about formatting it fit. Your file will be automatically resized to work as your avatar with out you lifting a finger. No worries, your local copy of the file remains unchanged. It's a great way to express yourself so don't let this feature slip past you!
- We respect your rights to privacy and do not display any sensitive info which would jeopardize those rights.
- Please try to keep posts organized. Post in the forum that seems most appropriate for the subject matter. For example, if you have a comment about Greenleaf’s website or forum, post it in the “Site Suggestions & Feedback” section. A moderator may move your post if it is in the wrong forum. Also, there is no need to post the same thing in more than one place. If this happens, the duplicate posts will be deleted. Thank you for helping to keep the forum tidy!
- Miniature-related sales solicitations are allowed in the Community Trading Post. Please read the guidelines at the top of that forum before posting. Be aware that a moderator or Greenleaf staff member may move, edit, or delete a sales solicitation posting if it does not adhere to the guidelines. Any sales solicitations that are not miniature-related will be deleted.
- Name calling or harassment of any kind directed towards another member or members will not be tolerated.
- Messages posted with vulgarity, explicit sexual reference, or obscene images will be deleted. Links or references to mature content sites will be removed. Help keep our forums clean, and a cut above the rest.
- Spam is not permitted in any of our forums. Your post will be deleted and your account will be suspended or banned if you choose to post messages which contain spam. No exceptions!
- Please keep your posts on topic. Off topic posts will be deleted or moved at the Moderators discretion. The Greenleaf forum has a Chit Chat section specifically for off-topic chatter. Please keep any non-miniature related discussions in this section.
- Remember, posting is a privilege! While we encourage free thinking, speech and expressions, taking it to the edge can be harmful to others, as well as yourself. So let cooler heads prevail, and we will all be better for it.
The Greenleaf Miniature Community is a free site. The people that work behind the scenes to bring you what you see are all miniature enthusiasts, as well as volunteers. The time and effort to run these forums are great. If you have suggestions or comments about the site, please present them in a constructive manner. If you have a question, suggestion, comment or request, please post in the "Site Suggestions & Feedback" forum. Comments which are derogatory in nature will not be tolerated. If you have a concern to discuss, please do so privately by using the personal message system to contact the site admin, or any of the moderators. Greenleaf reserves the right to ban or suspend members without notice who flagrantly disregard forum guidelines or who disseminate libelous or defamatory content directed at Greenleaf or its products or services or moderators. Accounts that are banned/suspended/abandoned will remain inactive; these accounts will not be deleted by request or otherwise.
We share one common ground, we are all Miniaturists! Respect other opinions, even though you may not agree. Everyone is entitled to their say, but please do so in a courteous manner. It's easy to flame someone if you disagree, but remember, that type of behavior is strictly prohibited. We come from different locations, we are a mix of ages, and our backgrounds vary. Take that into consideration before you click the post button. A moment of thought is better than hours of grief. The general rule of thumb is treat others as you would like to be treated.
Regardless of who makes your house or what scale is it, we hope that you will share your experiences with us. To help facilitate this, the Greenleaf Miniature Community has a photo gallery were you can share pictures of your pride and joy with the rest of us. This gallery is open for all to see, even unregistered guests, so we can all share our creativity. Any registered member who has made five or more posts is eligible for a gallery. We hope that this will help new members become comfortable with using our forum and give them the opportunity to see just how interesting and on-line community can be. Remember: the galleries are reserved for miniature-related pictures ONLY. If other types of pictures are put in the gallery, they will be removed without notice.
Each member will have a total amount of online storage of ????. This limit includes files that you may have attached to your post in our regular forums as well as the pictures in your photo gallery. The acceptable image extensions in our gallery are gif, jpg, jpeg, png and may not exceed 800x600 (width x height). In an effort to maximize your online space, you should try to crop your photos to the subject matter and find a balance between size and quality when saving your pictures. One of the biggest factors in files size is resolution and anything over 72 pixels per inches is just wasted space when it comes to view files online. Be sure to check the help system in whatever photo editor you use for tip on saving files for the internet.
The Greenleaf Miniature Community Staff