Room Divider Screens

Peggi

Ok, I finally took the Lily out of time out and finished the top floor room. Tore out the wallpaper and just painted the walls and laid carpet. It will still be my bathroom, but I would like to make a dividing screen so that as little people come up the stairs they can't immediately see someone on the toilet or in the tub. I thought someone had posted how to do like a japanese folding screen, but searching doesn't find it. The room is small and slanted, therefore I don't think I'm experienced enough to put a wall in between the stair railing and it would take up so much space.

Do you thinks its possible to make one by printing a pattern on card stock, folding it and placing thin dowels in the folds? Or would cloth be better? Or am I on the wrong track completely?

Anyone know of any links to good patterns?

Any suggestions, patterns, advice, or links would be appreciated.

Peggi

I dont know why a folded something nice wouldnt look ok.

do you have any 3 of the same scrap wood from the kit?

you can cover them with wallpaper and use ribbon glued in between the two.

than the wall paper would match the screen.

I look forward to seeing your solution.

nutti :lol:

Thanks Nutti, I've got left over siding and if I add wallpaper or even material to it and use ribbon inbetween it may just be stiff enough to stand. I'll start experimenting and see what I come up with. Um you've got me thinking of other possibilities.

Peggi

Another (tedious) thought might be to take 9 craft sticks, cut the rounded ends off, cut 3 of them in half and glue one end of each pair of long pieces to each end of a short piece, top & bottom, so you have three rectangular frames. Cut a piece of colored ribbon/ seam binding into six 1/2" lengths and glue one edge of three of them evenly spaced along one long edge of a frame, line the second frame up and glue the other half of the ribbon pieces to the adjacent edge of the second frame. Turn the assembly over and do the same thing with the other three pieces of ribbon and the middle & third frame. You can paint your frame or leave it plain, glue panels of matching wallpaper or fabric onto the frames, glue trim around the frames, let your imagination go nuts.