What can I use this for?

Corwin

So after 3.5 hours looking for a pair of sconces I cant find, and spending 7 hours painting siding and not being nearly half done need a break.

Sooo...

Here is what i was thinking, Person 1 lists something I.e brass finger rings then the person 2 says picture frames, and then they can describe if it isn't clear. Then person 2 suggest something. Let me start.

Large sheshkabob (sp) sticks with out pointed ends

Note Person 1 must answer the question above.

PS Traci This could free up a lot of post space.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I answer what I think they could be used for?

Shishkabob sticks can be used for curtain rails. You can get little metal round rings like they use for jewellery making to use as the loops to go over the rail. Then you can open and close the curtains easier.

paper clips:

Cat whiskers can be used for cactus spines and painting minute details.

Bamboo skewers can be chucked into a rotary tool and turned, using a needlefile, into a series of mini thread spools which can then be cut apart with an EZ Cutter; also for filling the gaps on angled walls for bays or for pitched tower roofs; also for towel bars.

Paperclips can, depending on size, be used for plumbing pipes, dinette chair frames, wire clothes hangers, plate stands...

What, besides the "bullet" trash receptacle lids & commode stool seats & lids, can you use those plastic pull-tabs from the paper juice & Egg Beaters cartons?

Jane Freman asked about that one in her DHM column (back when they ran one), someone made them into pothooks for kitchen fireplaces.

What about the upholstery tacks with the little metal spiral pins?

Depending on the diameter: plumbing pipe, stove pipes (especially the bendy parts), runways for mini pet rodents of various kinds.

Beige masking tape also makes scale rawhide chewy treats for 1:12 scale pup-dogs.

Plastic insulating caps (that you twist down over spliced electrical wires)

Bottle caps also make pie pans.

Natural materials broomstraws can thatch a mini cottage or be woven into a basket; the plastic broomstraws that are white, offwhite or yellow nan be cut into short lengths and one end held briefly over a flame until it puffs up to make a creditable mini mushroom.

Wine bottle corks?

I saw a good one with lace in a book recently. They took thin, flat lace trim and glued around the top of a piece of dowel, then painted the whole thing terra cotta for chimney pots. It looked great! It was in a Beryl Armstrong book about designing and building your own dollhouses.

ah hem, what do you need to suggest? (your suposed to tell the next person an item, so they can do the same thing.) Ah well.

Well lace can be used for lattice under the porch. Paint behind it black and volya.

Drywall Compound

Drywall compound or joint compound or spackle are great for making stone work for chimneys, walkways, etc. It also is good for using as stucco.

Empy inhalers

Slash your wrists and end it all when you drop that puppy & it shatters into a bazillion pieces. Otherwise, cut a piece of plywood the same size, sandwich a piece of blue fabric and some aquarium plants under the glass & mount your Houseboat on top of it.

other uses for old wine corks (I have a huge jarful).

Thin white wire can be used to thread seed beads, and make pearl jewellery for the 1:12 dolls, or for dh store displays of jewels. Will also make nice frames for hanging baskets, as it bends, can be breaded , and ties easily. One can slice old corks thin with a sharp exacto knife(very carefully) cut them off square and frame them with cardstock to make dh kitchen cork boards. Cut stick pins short with small metall snips and you've got the pins for it.

What would you do with a baggy full of old screw off toothpaste caps?

Old screw off toothpaste caps make cute little lampshades. Like, glued on top of a mini flocked bear for a nursery.

What could you do with the little plastic tubs that Crystal Light powder comes in?

(sorry I messed up and forgot this part before Corwin!)