Halloween revisited/Canterbury house

brandan

I finally finished the project and feel that pang of darn it is done and now what !!! But I am sure I will be busy lol. If anyone would like to see the final pics of the funeral home they are in my albums I moved the final pics to the beginning of the Halloween album. No funeral home would be complete without the casket after all .

Now...to finish that castle for Claudia and the Pierce dollhouse. Any tips on wallpapering in the pierce would be appreciated . I wish I could show the video of the haunted funeral home to get the whole effect of the lights and the voice hee hee.

Brandaenpost-2483-1252012100_thumb.jpg

post-2483-1252012033_thumb.jpg

Very nice....I love the stone wall around the front.....is that one of your creations? If so, please share the materials you used...also, the lighting is great...love the pumpkin on the front porch....

Thanks everyone for the kudos !! I needed a little pick me up and it is wonderful when your work is appreciated by such talented artist. I found the front stone work in a bargain bin sale and the pumpkin is a lexmark pumpkin pulled apart so I could put a 12 v light in it .

The Pierce .....ok so I am afraid of the second floor wallpapering !! the little nooks where the roof comes down into the second floor freak me out a bit. I am not bashing the kit because it is for someone who likes it that way . Any tips on the papering ? I would love you forever !

I guess I am asking if you guys paper that area first ? I guess I am having trouble fitting my mind around how everyone papers that area in Greenleaf houses ?
I'm much help, it depends, when it's in dry fit, on what a bear it would be to get to to decorate after it's glued together. If I paper first, I leave 1/8"-1/4" margin on either side of each wall piece It's a lot easier to trim off extra paper afterwards than trying to piece extra after it's together), and lay the pieces side by side to get a drop-match on the wallpaper; it's so much easier for me to figure out these things if I can wait until the house is together to hang the paper, but sometimes the area is just too small or fiddly for that.

I paper the areas 1st... always.

I personally cannot stand trying to fit my head and hands simultaniously inside those tiny rooms.

I just dryfit and mark where the floors will be and then I just put the appropriate wallpaper up to the line where the floors are going.

My Arthur still sits undone because of a wallpaper mishap after the house was assembled so, I feel ya on not wanting to do it after assembly.

thanks so much Monica and Holly ! I am full of trepidation but I will show the results when I stop trembling in fear lol. Thanks so much for your input though, it is those dang little areas of angles where the roof is at the second floor wall but I am gonna try and paper those first and try and match the rest of the dang wall.

Wish me luck

• 2 weeks later...