Lighthouse-HEY TRACY!

LPCullen

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Linda!! :roflmao: I was just looking at pictures of us at Rik Pierces' Class a few years back cause I am trying to finish THAT lighthouse (Finally huh). Your Laser Cut Lighthouse looks Fabulous! You did EXCELLENT on the stonework! I told ya you would & could do stone! I started on my Lasercut Light house a few months back and completed the insides but have not started the outside yet. I am supposed to use round random stones on the outsde but I am not sure yet. I see it as a stucco finish with stone or brick peeping out so we'll see.

Yours look totally Wonderful Linda!! Now, who is gonna live there? Tell us your story!

Beautiful can't wait to see how you paint your brick. I am kinda scared to try paper clay after my first disaster that I refused to show anyone. But my husband says you already have the clay so you can either practice on it or waste it all by letting it all get dried up. I may have to start out with something tiny like a sidewalk till I get it right. But seeing your really makes me wanna try it again. :roflmao:

Shhhhh! Tracy don't mention THAT lighthouse! I haven't finished it either! And it will be a while before I can get to it. Got other things to work on...

Thanks everyone! But I think maybe I've failed miserably. It's supposed to be block, not stone or brick.... or maybe they're one and the same? I want to play with it some more so bad I can hardly stand it! But I have to let the paperclay dry.... Drats. I'm hoping tomorrow when I get home from work (while the plumber is working on my busted water line, ugh) I can go ahead and do a dirty wash if it's dry enough. It's been warm here lately so maybe that will work.

It doesn't have a story Tracy. It's being built for a very wonderful lady who, between her and her husband, have been very kind to me. They've had me over and taken care of me numerous times and I wanted to give something back to them. Her husband knows its being built, but she doesn't. I'm planning on working on it all this week (and I've also installed lights--what's a lighthouse without lights?), and then I have to put it back out in the shop for a while because we're doing Thanksgiving at my house this year, which means I'll have to clean and stuff.... I haven't started thinking about the wallpaper yet. I'm kinda messy when I start painting paperclay, so I wanted to get that part of it finished and clear coated before I started with wallpaper.

And for those of you who are wondering, we are always picking on Tracy because just about every house she sees she says "it says paperclay to me", sort of like every house I see says "I want wallpaper". So, when that one came out of the box and Jack and Emma (the travelling dolls) were helping me to assemble it, it started saying paperclay to me too!

Thanks again everybody! I'll post more pix in a few days....

I thought it looked like whitewashed blocks and assumed they were supposed to stay white. I think it looks great!

Bless you!

But they're not gonna stay white. I'm going to do the block in varying shades of gray and blue.

LINDA YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB! YOU DIDN'T FAIL, THEY LOOK LIKE CONCRETE BLOCKS. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THEM PAINTED, WE DON'T SEE MANY CONCRETE BLOCKS IN MINI, IT'S ALWAYS STONE. :)

Thank you so very much! I'm hoping the vision in my head will be able to come out onto the block.

Got it dirty washed tonight! I was hoping to start painting the block tomorrow, but instead I'm gonna have to run down to the other house... drats. But, that'll give the paperclay a little more time to dry after its dirty wash, so that might be a good thing.

Linda, it looks great! I've seen lots of block buildings in the southwest and you definitely captured the look. It's perfect for the lighthouse. I can't wait to see it after you paint. Go Linda!!!!

<grinning> Did you wallpaper the interior? Coz I'm trying to picture how to stand the lighthouse upside down and balance it on the little point on the roof.

Deb

<grinning> Did you wallpaper the interior? Coz I'm trying to picture how to stand the lighthouse upside down and balance it on the little point on the roof.

Deb

LOL! Well, Deb, that's why I haven't put the pointed part to the roof on yet, because I know I'm gonna flip it all around. I'll start the wallpaper after I get the paperclay painted and clearcoated.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: OMG Linda, that is one gorgeous lighthouse! Love the blue beacon house, and your brickwork is so beautiful! Well Done!

And Holly, I'm loving your lighthouse as well :hug: - you gals are makin' me want to do another lighthouse now... :idea: