My Tennyson, before and after

uppitycats

Well, it's been a very long time. I got this house last year about this time, started in rehabbing, had serious "issues" with wallpaper -- and gave up. Threw a sheet over the mess and let it sit. And sit. Then got busy, stripped out the "issue wallpaper", re-papered...and the same bloody thing happened: It all bubbled, stayed sticky, started peeling off the walls. So I stripped again, scrubbed, sanded, primed and painted the inside. It's supposed to be a sort of "wash" -- much like what was on the walls of my childhood home: plaster, with oil over it, in a sort of antique uneven finish (hides the flaws :) ) but leaves a sort of "old world/ Spanish" effect.

Anyway, still have to put on the trim on the edges, and a bit of other clean-up, but the trim paint is drying and it will be installed tomorrow, so I thought I'd show it off!

post-35-1291914936_thumb.jpg

post-35-1291914976_thumb.jpg

post-35-1291915053_thumb.jpg

post-35-1291915086_thumb.jpg

It was a challenging rehab, to be sure! I took off the entire top floor as it was put together wrong and badly aligned. And I build an entire foundation (which squared things up and emphasisized the badly aligned 3rd floor!). Then there was the issue of putting in interior doors between the rooms. There were openings there, but no doors or trim....just wallpaper up the opening. So I enlarged the openings and put in proper doors. Oh yes, and redid the staircase.. and all the outside trim... Then the wallpaper fiasco....but I think when the face trim is put on (the side where you look into the house) and it's furnished, it's going to look pretty good! :(

When I can, I'll load some more pics into my album in the gallery. For some reason that's not working well today.. :)