Bishop show - April 2012 in Chicago

Oh Ann, so sorry to hear you won't be able to go. :( We all can understand when it comes to the prices of gas these days...it is soooo

outrageously expensive :furious: If I lived more than a couple hours away, am positive I wouldn't be making the trip either.

a :(:( I am sorry to tell you all that I have to cancel my going to this, this year! :( I just sat down and did the math....I could buy another dollhouse and enough stuff to accessorize it with the $$ I'd spend on gas, 2 nights hotel and meals to go....and that's not including anything I might buy there! Just flat not good economic sense. If I were taking a class, or doing something other than shopping -- and spending more $$! -- it might have made sense...but...it really doesn't. I'm sorry!

I'll still take pics of all my "extras" and post them here for sale, if anyone is interested. I've not done that yet but I'll let you know when I do...

sniff...sniff...I'll miss seeing y'all, for sure... :(

I'll miss you too Ann but, I totally understand the reason why you aren't coming. I'll do my best to take good pics to share here on the forum.

I am going to the show this year. I have nothing to tie me down anymore. We should get there early afternoon friday and I plan on checking in and hitting the preshow. I want to go saturday and sunday as well. I wanted to go to the aquarium and the museum also, but now that I know there are 2 other shows, I may have to just stay an extra day. I am also easy to spot - oxygen and purple walker.

Can someone please set up somewhere that we all could meet? Like 1 pm saturday in some corner or something? Or would everyone be interested in making a name badge that says greenleaf on it? I would love to finally meet everyone.

Living on SS and a pension sort of limits trips to mini shows, too.

Not sure how feasable it would be, but maybe a few of us could pool our resources and make a road trip one year? I have to drive up anyway next year, so vehicle and fuel are already on my tab.

Just a thought.

Although I think it would be tragic for any of our incredibly skilled mini family missing such an amazing show, my motives aren't entirely noble. . .I sure could use a "2nd chair" at that (or any) show! :p

There's usually way too many people asking questions for one person to handle.

Can someone please set up somewhere that we all could meet? Like 1 pm saturday in some corner or something? Or would everyone be interested in making a name badge that says greenleaf on it? I would love to finally meet everyone.

I meeting some online friends here and there, and with the mob action that is the mini show, it might not be possible to meet everyone I'd like to. But, I've printed up stickers for the various online forums I belong to, my own otterine logo/name and the Greenleaf logo so I can put them on my name badge. Maybe people here and there will recognize the logos and say hello! :)

• Like 1

Well, I made it here. I toured the preshow. I want everything, but, of course, I can't afford it all. I kept staring at everyone's chest that I could looking for names that I knew. I will be at the show in the morning as I want to hit the other 2 shows in the afternoon. I will watch for green leafs and stickers and blue hair. Please watch for me - fat lady with purple walker and oxygen tank.

It wasn't as crowded as I thought it would be, but still a lot of people. I imagine tomorrow will more crazy.

Deana, it was so lovely to meet you and your daughter! Gosh, did we really talk 2 hours straight?! It didn't feel like it to me :) it was a fabulous show but I did not make it to the other two and I didn't go back today. We had a family thing pop up and I'm just ow able to leave but, it closes at four so, I don't think I'll go :( Sarah isn't happy about that but, I'll take her to glamour gurlz next week to make up for it ;) Rachel really enjoyed the show too. I'm so happy we went!

Hey everyone is anyone planning on posting some pics for us poor souls who didn't get there? I am DYING to see some!!!!!!!!! I have never been but want to get there next year **crossing fingers*** :bounce:

• 6 months later...

I kept staring at everyone's chest that I could looking for names that I knew.

I'm pretty sure I'd get slapped more than a few times if I did that, so I'll just have to ask everyone I talk to at the show next year. :p

• Like 1