#41 Minis On The Edge

Minis On The Edge

Building Dollhouses On The Edge of Fantasy

• Community Admin
  • 20104 posts
  • Joined 20-April 05
  • Local time: 09:16 PM

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Well, I got something for each of you, so i need to see you! I'm so Excited about it this year! I feel like a kid looking forward to a holiday!

#42 what2craftnow

what2craftnow

Did I mention that I'm SENILE?

• Platinum Member
  • 2884 posts
  • Joined 21-August 07

Posted 31 March 2012 - 06:42 PM

They have changed locations again this year on the two smaller shows, so it probably will be a bit more taxing for those who are 'shuttling' and coming in from out of town.

I really don't need to go to all 3, but just know I will kick myself if I don't. LOL Think I will more than likely have to come back on Saturday to hit the other two. Never know what little 'treasure' might be awaiting....and I MUST stop by the Lighting Bug @ IMA anyway...LOVE her stuff. ♥
I hope my ship comes in before my dock rots...

#43 Minis On The Edge

Minis On The Edge

• Community Admin
  • 20104 posts
  • Joined 20-April 05

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

Chris, I gotta go to IMA too. My friend ChrisV has a table there. I didn't get a preview show ticket <_< I regret that too

#44 pdlnpeabody

pdlnpeabody

Scratch Builder

• Platinum Member
  • 2346 posts
  • Joined 02-February 06
  • Local time: 10:16 PM

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

My wife is working that weekend, so I won't be able to make it. If that wasn't the case, I could probably budget a quick trip to Chicago if I rode my motorcycle up instead of driving. I wouldn't be able to buy anything, but it would be great to meet everyone at the show and see all the great minis.

On the upside, my wife is already talking about the 2013 show and sounds enthusiastic about going!

#45 what2craftnow

what2craftnow

• Platinum Member
  • 2884 posts
  • Joined 21-August 07

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

You will be missed Jeremy. :( I promise, if you are set up for the 2013 show, I will make a point of stopping and saying "Howdy", rather than flying thru the place on my broom..lol..like I did last year. Was not meant to be rude - I honestly didn't stop long enough to notice anything for fear of severe attack of "I WANT IT!" :nono:

#46 iseecerulean

iseecerulean

• Gold Member
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 02-May 11

Posted 03 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

I'm flying in on Thursday for a class, will go to the Bishop show on Friday, mayne Saturday too...I'm planning on taking the shuttle to the other two shows as well...then flying home Sunday afternoon. See you all there! I made sure to buy more hair color to match my photo so you'll recognize me. :D
  • Momof2Moos likes this
Keli
my blog: iseecerulean

#47 queenannediva

queenannediva

Bespaq Hoarder

• Platinum Member
  • 1205 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06
  • Local time: 07:16 PM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:32 PM

.... I remember when I went about 3 years ago, and they are all roughly in the same area, just at opposite ends of the cloverleaf off the expressway! :)

Not since 4 years ago (2008) when the Bishop show moved to it's present location at the Marriott. Estimated travel times between locations noted on the IMA show website (who by the way provides the shuttle) is 20-30 miniutes between locations "depending upon traffic".

Valerie

#48 queenannediva

queenannediva

Bespaq Hoarder

• Platinum Member
  • 1205 posts
  • Joined 17-July 06
  • Local time: 07:16 PM

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

I bought a preview ticket for Friday in hopes it might be slightly less crowded (lol..yea, sure Chris..like THAT 'll happen). Something tells me that you won't be able to judge that we are in really bad economic times by THIS particular market...we miniaturists always find ways to justify our 'little goodies', eh? :rolleyes: Hopefully, I will have all my color-swatches and idea lists together for the Fling so I will know what I am looking for. That helped me budget tremendously last time. :D

I'm going to try to hit all 3 shows on Friday, but if my legs and lungs (darn post-pneumonia!) give out, I may have to do the IMA and 3 Blind Mice on Saturday. That's assuming that I have money left to do so... :unsure:

Every year I have attended, the preview show has been more crowded then during the other show times, in my opinion. Of course, this year with the new change of having the preview show all day Friday it may seem less crowded with the expanded hours. Preview tickets are sold out per the website. All I know for sure is I will be there when the doors open Friday morning.

Valerie

#49 uppitycats

uppitycats

uppitycats

• Platinum Member
  • 4156 posts
  • Joined 28-May 05

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:07 PM

a :( :( I am sorry to tell you all that I have to cancel my going to this, this year! :( I just sat down and did the math....I could buy another dollhouse and enough stuff to accessorize it with the $$ I'd spend on gas, 2 nights hotel and meals to go....and that's not including anything I might buy there! Just flat not good economic sense. If I were taking a class, or doing something other than shopping -- and spending more $$! -- it might have made sense...but...it really doesn't. I'm sorry!

I'll still take pics of all my "extras" and post them here for sale, if anyone is interested. I've not done that yet but I'll let you know when I do...

sniff...sniff...I'll miss seeing y'all, for sure... :(

#50 otterine

otterine

cheeeeeeeeeese!

• Platinum Member
  • 3542 posts
  • Joined 21-August 09

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Aw, that is sad, Ann. :(

visit my blog to see The Newport, Baslow Ranch, Baxter Pointe Villa, The Aero Squadron Lounge, The Haunted Heritage, The Artist's Studio, Walnut Bay Light, Roland's Retreat, Milo Valley Farm and The Brownstone.

my etsy shop: otterine's handcrafted miniatures in 1:12 scale

#51 pdlnpeabody

pdlnpeabody

Scratch Builder

• Platinum Member
  • 2346 posts
  • Joined 02-February 06

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:36 PM

If I have any houses to show / sell, I will be there next year, but I have decided to make every effort to display at the Philadelphia show this November.

#52 Momof2Moos

Momof2Moos

Randomly Crafting with Crafty Randomness

• Platinum Member
  • 1161 posts
  • Joined 02-June 10

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:12 PM

Bah! Bishop show attendance is certainly on my bucket list. Everyone have extra fun for me!!!!
Busy Mom of 2: Love my boys!

Track my build: http://www.lyssahear...es.blogspot.com

Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/...sasBudgetMinis

#53 what2craftnow

what2craftnow

• Platinum Member
  • 2884 posts
  • Joined 21-August 07

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:09 AM

Oh Ann, so sorry to hear you won't be able to go. :( We all can understand when it comes to the prices of gas these days...it is soooo
outrageously expensive :furious: If I lived more than a couple hours away, am positive I wouldn't be making the trip either.

#54 iseecerulean

iseecerulean

• Gold Member
  • 128 posts
  • Joined 02-May 11

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:08 AM

Sorry to hear you're not coming Ann, but I understand why.
Keli
my blog: iseecerulean

#55 havanaholly

havanaholly

Cousin Farfrom Normal, Queen of Spackle

• Team Master Builder
  • 56173 posts
  • Joined 23-March 05

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:59 AM

Living on SS and a pension sort of limits trips to mini shows, too.
havanaholly
working as little as possible

#56 Minis On The Edge

Minis On The Edge

• Community Admin
  • 20104 posts
  • Joined 20-April 05

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:02 PM

a :( :( I am sorry to tell you all that I have to cancel my going to this, this year! :( I just sat down and did the math....I could buy another dollhouse and enough stuff to accessorize it with the $$ I'd spend on gas, 2 nights hotel and meals to go....and that's not including anything I might buy there! Just flat not good economic sense. If I were taking a class, or doing something other than shopping -- and spending more $$! -- it might have made sense...but...it really doesn't. I'm sorry!

I'll still take pics of all my "extras" and post them here for sale, if anyone is interested. I've not done that yet but I'll let you know when I do...

sniff...sniff...I'll miss seeing y'all, for sure... :(

I'll miss you too Ann but, I totally understand the reason why you aren't coming. I'll do my best to take good pics to share here on the forum.

#57 chesterfieldzoo

chesterfieldzoo

• Platinum Member
  • 9413 posts
  • Joined 07-October 06

Posted 14 April 2012 - 01:42 AM

I am going to the show this year. I have nothing to tie me down anymore. We should get there early afternoon friday and I plan on checking in and hitting the preshow. I want to go saturday and sunday as well. I wanted to go to the aquarium and the museum also, but now that I know there are 2 other shows, I may have to just stay an extra day. I am also easy to spot - oxygen and purple walker.
Can someone please set up somewhere that we all could meet? Like 1 pm saturday in some corner or something? Or would everyone be interested in making a name badge that says greenleaf on it? I would love to finally meet everyone.
~*~ A rich person is not the one who has the most...but the one who needs the least. ~*~

#58 pdlnpeabody

pdlnpeabody

Scratch Builder

• Platinum Member
  • 2346 posts
  • Joined 02-February 06

Posted 15 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

Living on SS and a pension sort of limits trips to mini shows, too.

Not sure how feasable it would be, but maybe a few of us could pool our resources and make a road trip one year? I have to drive up anyway next year, so vehicle and fuel are already on my tab.

Just a thought.

#59 havanaholly

havanaholly

Cousin Farfrom Normal, Queen of Spackle

• Team Master Builder
  • 56173 posts
  • Joined 23-March 05

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:49 PM

Now THERE's an idea!
havanaholly
working as little as possible

#60 pdlnpeabody

pdlnpeabody

Scratch Builder

• Platinum Member
  • 2346 posts
  • Joined 02-February 06

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:46 PM

Although I think it would be tragic for any of our incredibly skilled mini family missing such an amazing show, my motives aren't entirely noble. . .I sure could use a "2nd chair" at that (or any) show! :p

There's usually way too many people asking questions for one person to handle.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users