Photo

Official Spring Fling 2012 Update (merged topic)

guesses on what it will be?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
395 replies to this topic

#261 KathieB

KathieB

It's the little things that count

• Platinum Member
  • 15366 posts
  • Joined 30-July 06
  • Local time: 01:18 AM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

No prices have been mentioned yet.

#262 CheckMouse

CheckMouse

Miss Lenora, made by Wolfie

• Platinum Member
  • 3988 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09
  • Local time: 11:18 PM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:35 PM

Sorry. I am in Oregon. I'm so bad at going places I haven't even joined the local miniature club. This forum is my big social thing :) But.......I am hoping that is changing. Do you ever make it south? How far are you, timewise from the border?

I'm about 140 miles from Portland, and don't get down there very often anymore. This forum is my main miniature social life also. There is a club not too far from me but they only meet on Saturdays, which is logical for most people, but my job keeps me working most weekends.

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford

Micro Build Blog: http://www.greenleaf...blog&blogid=115

My Flickr Albums . . . . . . .www.etsy.com/shop/CheckMouseMinis

#263 what2craftnow

what2craftnow

Did I mention that I'm SENILE?

• Platinum Member
  • 2884 posts
  • Joined 21-August 07

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:24 PM

I'm going way out of my comfort zone on this one too. It's just speaking to me and there's no arguing about what we're going to do. The new addition immediately said it's going to be a _____ which is perfect because I needed one of those!! The greenhouse won't be a greenhouse and it'll have ______ on the top and sides plus a white ______ outside. I'm going to be taking some major chances with vivid and wild colors this time as well as some free hand painting; both are things that I've shied away from in the past so this is going to be exciting and challenging.

Chris, pleeeeeeeeeease come play Fling this year. You know you want to and we'll have such fun! Selkie, I hope that you come and play too. I completely understand about how hard it can be to build with hands that are painful and swollen, but since we have until Labor Day we can take our time and go slow. I took a slice out of my finger yesterday with an xacto blade which is the first time I've ever had a major accident while building but I'm going to take it as a reminder to slow down and be more careful. The main thing is that I didn't bleed on the lighthouse. LOL! But my body and my spirit are both going to benefit from playing Fling this year so I'm finding more ways to compensate for the lack of mobility in my hands like padding my brush handles more and setting a timer to remind me to stop and rest frequently. You and I can go slow and steady together. :hug:

Deb

OUCH! Hate when that happens. A couple weeks ago, I wasn't paying attention and cut the web between thumb and forefinger with my EZ-Cutter...sure was EZ alright! LOL Went through it like "buttah"...Zzzing! Hope you heal right quick GF!
I hope my ship comes in before my dock rots...

#264 morgansmith

morgansmith

• Banned
  • 2028 posts
  • Joined 01-February 11

Posted 29 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

I hope I didn't start something mentioning this isn't 'simple, under $20'. There are obviously several great pieces. When all is said and done, retail will surely be more than $20 for all. But.........:) every year I have seen it the SF prices are special and irresistable.

#265 kreativitea75

kreativitea75

• Gold Member
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 14-June 10
  • Local time: 12:18 AM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

I'm not worried about the price - Greenleaf always offers a great discount and none of these pieces look very elaborate so far. Ok, I'm going to stop checking this site 10x a day. I'm going insane with anticipation!
-K

making big plans for little things

#266 A. Wright

A. Wright

• Gold Member
  • 822 posts
  • Joined 27-January 10
  • Local time: 02:18 AM

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

... A couple weeks ago, I wasn't paying attention and cut the web between thumb and forefinger with my EZ-Cutter...sure was EZ alright! LOL Went through it like "buttah"..

I am squirming in my seat after reading this..and I'm not easily disturbed. OUCH! Ok. back to obsessing about the SF kits :D

#267 dwcole7

dwcole7

• Gold Member
  • 141 posts
  • Joined 16-March 10

Posted 30 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

OHHHH IIIIII CCCAAANNN"""TTTTT WWWWWAAAAIIIITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so want to see ALL of this kit!!!!!! I need sizes, prices, I keep thinking it might end up costing more than I think. BUT, I know they have alot to work on. Just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

#268 what2craftnow

what2craftnow

• Platinum Member
  • 2884 posts
  • Joined 21-August 07

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:45 AM

Is it time yet???? :popcorn: Are we there yet????? :juggle: Oh, the suspense........ :bounce: :bounce: .....(going to take my BP meds now, I guess.)

Hopefully we will know sooooon.
  • dwcole7 likes this

#269 otterine

otterine

cheeeeeeeeeese!

• Platinum Member
  • 3631 posts
  • Joined 21-August 09

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:20 AM

:jumping: No excitement around here...nope...none at all. :giggle:

visit my blog to see The Newport, Baslow Ranch, Baxter Pointe Villa, The Aero Squadron Lounge, The Haunted Heritage, The Artist's Studio, Walnut Bay Light, Roland's Retreat, Milo Valley Farm and The Brownstone.

my etsy shop: otterine's handcrafted miniatures in 1:12 scale

#270 Momof2Moos

Momof2Moos

Randomly Crafting with Crafty Randomness

• Platinum Member
  • 1161 posts
  • Joined 02-June 10

Posted 30 March 2012 - 08:25 AM

:jumping: Right there with everyone! I think it will hit just in time for my commission payment to hit my bank account, and then BAM a-shopping I will go! Greenhouse is definitely on my list of things to get. AND, not to complicate anyone's thoughts on it all, but remember, we can still potentially use all those additions from LAST year (cupola, dormers, stairs, finnials.....) :bounce:
Busy Mom of 2: Love my boys!

Track my build: http://www.lyssahear...es.blogspot.com

Etsy Store: http://www.etsy.com/...sasBudgetMinis

#271 Deb

Deb

Cousin Abby Normal; Born to Bash

• Super Moderator
  • 7204 posts
  • Joined 19-September 05

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:14 AM

AND, not to complicate anyone's thoughts on it all, but remember, we can still potentially use all those additions from LAST year (cupola, dormers, stairs, finnials.....) :bounce:

Yes, yes you can. <grinning> Any or all of those would work with this year's house.........or any other house. And the additions from this year's kit will work with any other house too. Dean started working in stealth mode last year to create individual components that can be used on almost any house and I'm sooooooooooooo in love with that concept. I was thrilled to see him doing it again this year. The "mix and match" way of building appeals to the eclectic in me. LOL! If I had the space I'd start building a rambling old mansion like a Second Empire house that just kept growing and growing in weird ways.

Chris, I'm so sorry you're among the walking wounded too. That had to have seriously hurt. I cut that webbing once when I broke a glass doing dishes and it took forever to heal up. You and I are going to have to go slower or else they'll start taking out sharp pointy things away from us and we can't have that!

Deb

>^^< My Website http://www.debsminis.com/ >^^< Lots of eye candy, blogs and tutorials >^^< My You Tube Channel >^^< My Building Blog >^^<

#272 LLyn M.

LLyn M.

Dinky WaffleDoodle

• Platinum Member
  • 5303 posts
  • Joined 02-November 08

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:30 AM

Last year I actually cut my "web" area with a pair of scissors! How dumb is that??!! Was so intent on cutting a mini then BLAM!!
I was so embarrassed but it also struck me funny.
Oh, and Dean.......so far so good..I mean GREAT!!!! :D

LLyn M.

"Oh to live on Sugar Mountain,with the barkers and the colored balloons..."
Neil Young

#273 what2craftnow

what2craftnow

• Platinum Member
  • 2884 posts
  • Joined 21-August 07

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:48 AM

Struck me as 'funny' too, LLyn, as it is the 2nd time I've done it. Once, whilst clipping the hedges with a small pair of clippers (dumb!), and now this (dumber!).

Deb is right...if I'm not careful, someone will (and probably SHOULD) take away all my sharp objects. :ohmy: :bangin:

Maybe my new name should be: Runs With Scissors! lol

#274 Deb

Deb

• Super Moderator
  • 7204 posts
  • Joined 19-September 05

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

Deb is right...if I'm not careful, someone will (and probably SHOULD) take away all my sharp objects. :ohmy: :bangin:
l

And that, my friend, is one of the biggest motivators I have to avoid doing things that will get me sent to jail. :hunter: <cackle> They won't let you have a dremel in a prison cell. :cops:

Deb
  • what2craftnow likes this

>^^< My Website http://www.debsminis.com/ >^^< Lots of eye candy, blogs and tutorials >^^< My You Tube Channel >^^< My Building Blog >^^<

#275 Anna

Anna

The thrifty witch

• Platinum Member
  • 12266 posts
  • Joined 29-May 05
  • Local time: 08:18 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:52 AM

Nope, no dremel in prison! ;) my lighthouse is starting to holler about that greenhouse would be soooo purr-fect as a sun room, not sure about the size and if it would fit...
Hugs
Anna, http://nao-mini.com/
My Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com...h_shop_redirect
Fairy name Gossamer Moonfly

#276 Deb

Deb

• Super Moderator
  • 7204 posts
  • Joined 19-September 05

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Nope, no dremel in prison! ;) my lighthouse is starting to holler about that greenhouse would be soooo purr-fect as a sun room, not sure about the size and if it would fit...
Hugs

If it doesn't fit exactly, it looks easy enough to cut out a section of the middle of the greenhouse and then glue it back together to make it more narrow. That's a simple bash. You'd have a smaller greenhouse but it would fit up against one of the flat sides of the lighthouse just right. I've been contemplating the same type of modification to the greenhouse to create a nice little "garden window" on the kitchen window of my Pierce. I'd adore one of those in real life but since I can't have it, I'll just do what I always do and make one in miniature instead. LOL!!

Deb

#277 Anna

Anna

The thrifty witch

• Platinum Member
  • 12266 posts
  • Joined 29-May 05
  • Local time: 08:18 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

See, I think that is exactly why the lighthouse is soooo pushy about this as well, and the bashing part is just what I had in my mind's eye as well...
This is just soooooo much fun! And with it being laser cut it cuts the shipping cost as well, right?!!? :D Hehehe....
Hugs
Anna, http://nao-mini.com/
My Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com...h_shop_redirect
Fairy name Gossamer Moonfly

#278 Selkie

Selkie

Then I'll do it myself - and she did !!

• Platinum Member
  • 5538 posts
  • Joined 04-January 08
  • Local time: 12:18 AM

Posted 30 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Please hurry ................
  • dwcole7 likes this
}i{ Selkie and Twinkle }i{  
I live in another dimension, but I have a summer home in reality. 

#279 CheckMouse

CheckMouse

Miss Lenora, made by Wolfie

• Platinum Member
  • 3988 posts
  • Joined 05-April 09

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:11 PM

OK - it is now officially past closing time on the East Coast - the Spring Fling is not here yet - I am not :nono: coming back until Monday. No! I am not!! :no: Well, maybe just for a very quick peek at the forum and the blog! :bookread: I could just lurk for awhile, if I'm not too busy. :hidebhind:

"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." -- Henry Ford

Micro Build Blog: http://www.greenleaf...blog&blogid=115

My Flickr Albums . . . . . . .www.etsy.com/shop/CheckMouseMinis

#280 New Day

New Day

• Platinum Member
  • 2928 posts
  • Joined 04-January 07

Posted 30 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Yeah, the first blog post from the 20th said it would be released this week. Oh well. I will be happy to see it when it does appear, but the wait at this point kind of makes my interest wane. Guess that's proof of a short attention span. :D

~ Traci
see my about me page for my projects - past, present and future.

my etsy shop at https://www.etsy.com...gwoodMiniatures
& facebook page at https://www.facebook...gwoodMiniatures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users